Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
Master Rahl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Hi guys, I have been reading for months now, on the difficulties in defeating these beasties....and very entertaining it has been too.

Personally I cannot see what the difficulty is:

Dragons fall like autumn leaves when hammered with the wand of cloudkill, or finger of death or feeblemind ( Just bang a greater malson spell, and/or doom spell on them initially.

Liches don't even get to say ouch when creamed with the improved MOD...The only spells you need to cast are strength and haste (priest spells that affect saving throws also help)

Kangaxx falls just as above, in fact the Demi Lich incarnation is the easiest of the two (Chaotic commands are pretty much essential for this turnip)

As for the twisted rune quest

Well that is the hardest of the lot

The IMOD takes care of the lich and vampire

But then you have to worry about the mage and the beholder.

The beholder is by far the most difficult...and how do I do it...

I charm the lich ( preferably using the ring of improved invisability)

get him to go out to fact the beholder and co - Disintigrate or finger of death

Once the beholder is toasted I hammer the lich and vampire.

Job Done
Master Rahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:43 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
First order of Business:
WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!

I have a brilliant idea. make some kind of video recording (un-edited please) showing the simplicity with which you have felled these creatures. They all have their weaknesses yes, but not all of us are fond of such cheese tactics as the wand of cloudkill. P.S. ever try beating these toughies with say the tactics mod or such? Mayhaps on Insane difficulty? Those are usually the times people come limping into the forums for advice.

I'm just gonna go ahead and delete all the rambling I had down here previously . heheh, fatigue sucks.

[ 06-23-2004, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
Master Rahl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thankyou for the warm welcom

Boasting is one of many pointless exercises (Dare I say a vice) and yes the Wand of Cloudkill is cheezy..to the extent that I dont use it anymore, but it does get the job done and as I mentioned prior, for months I have been reading numberous posts from people wanting to get this job done.

Then again lets face it isnt the finger of death or domination spell cheezy as well, or how about the demi-lich having unlimited maze spells-isnt that cheezy?

But hey thanks for your imput it has been very enlightening
Old 06-23-2004, 12:09 AM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Glad to see my somewhat off response didn't put you out too much. I have my own ego issues. and it doesn't get any better as the night progresses. *shrugs*

Well, as for monsters being cheezed out read Six's post on Improved Faldorn. Maze isn't too nasty, it's the imprisonment you need to look out for. (ways around it I know, but still it is a hassle) Forgot, what level is FoD? For the cheesiest of cheese against Beholders try shield of Balduran or Cloak of mirror (or some such I forgot exaclty what it's called)

Old 06-23-2004, 12:20 AM   #5
Master Rahl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thx - Will read said post

I have only just recently discovered what might by the ultimate cheeze in the whole game and that is playing as a FMT - Elf

A mage who can use the strong arm long bow and get all the XP for scribing spells and for theiving duties as well. With the XP cap removed, this guy is going to be insanely powerful

On the side topic - is there a mod that removes the cheeze factor?
Old 06-23-2004, 12:25 AM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Perhaps, it all depends on what you have for his stats though. From tales I've heard play a sorceror and you have unearthly power at your disposal.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:41 AM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW!!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
If you install ToB, the clock of mirroring becomes less cheesey...it just acts as a minor globe of invulnerability instead of reflecting spells back.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:10 AM   #8
Master Rahl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just to clarify a point... In my initial post I mentioned the Demi-Lich having unlimited Maze spells where, as Firestormalpha so rightly pointed out, he in fact throws imprisonment spells

I always play solo, thus either one of the above is curtains unless chaotic commands has been cast upon myself

A question on this - does the potion of freedom also give immunity to maze and imprisonment?
Old 06-23-2004, 01:18 AM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Hmm good question, I'll have to test that some day, after I pull my Pally through BG1 again, or maybe I'll just install BG2 and make that Assassin I've always wanted. One way or another I'm sure someone either will find or already has, the answer.

Old 06-23-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
Tyrion
Quintesson

Nowadays I always go for the Conan-tactic as stated on Dundee's website [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...it always works!