Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2002, 02:02 AM   #1
Gage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was hoping somebody may have some suggestions on how to get past the battle with Irenicus in the Nine Hells. I have attempted this more than I would like to admit. I am so frustrated. I have tried everything I can think of. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DSlaytern] Title edit.

[ 11-03-2002, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:17 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Who is in your party, and what are their levels?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:23 AM   #3
Gage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aerie (13/13) Minsc (14) Valygar (13) Jaheira (11/13) Imoen (14/7)
and I am a ranger (14)
Old 11-03-2002, 02:53 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gage:
Aerie (13/13) Minsc (14) Valygar (13) Jaheira (11/13) Imoen (14/7)
and I am a ranger (14)
Tips
~
~
~
~
When you summon Jon Irenicus( JI), he will transform into the Slayer and gate in 4 Demons. What you can do is to prepare beforehand. Use Jaheira and Aerie to conjure up five summons. Aerie for Aerial Servants, Jaheira for Fire Elementals and Mountain Bears.

Once this is done, cast the following spells on the whole party and the summons as well. Resist Fear and Protection from Evil 10' Radius. Aerie and Imoen should have Stoneskins on, while Jaheira has her Ironskins. Aerie and Imoen should have Melf's Minute Meteors active too.

Once the pre-battle buffs have been done, position your summons evenly, and just before your Ranger summons JI, cast Haste on all the summons and party members. Aerie, Imoen and Jaheira should cast True Sight as well.

When the battle starts, make Minsc, your Ranger and Valgar all cast Armour of Faith and engage the Demons in battle. In most cases, JI will teleport away, leaving his Simulacrum behind, but your True Sight should take care of it. Jaheira should cast Insect Plague on the Demons, then cast Armour of Faith and assist your Rangers. With the 5 summons, and 4 tanks, the Demons will not last long. Resist the temptation to use spells on the Demons, you will want to conserve them for the real target, JI.

Once they have all been taken care of, move to the south-west to find the real JI. Try to maintain 5 summons at all times. If possible, try to use a Mordenkainen's Sword( use Imoen to cast it) to tank JI for you. You will have to cast Breaches, Khelben's Warding Whips, Secret Words and Ruby Ray of Reversal on JI so that you can strip off all of JI's protection spells. Not strictly necessary, but helpful nevertheless. You will have to cast 3 Lower Resistances on JI if you want to use offensive magic on him.

Good luck, have fun.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:12 AM   #5
Gage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you very much for the info. I will give it a try
Old 11-03-2002, 11:47 AM   #6
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
When the battle starts, make Minsc, your Ranger and Valgar all cast Armour of Faith and engage the Demons in battle. In most cases, JI will teleport away, leaving his Simulacrum behind, but your True Sight should take care of it.
Little known fact - Simulacrum is not vulnerable to True Sight AND Remove/Dispel Magic.
Simmies are solid as rock!

@Gage - How did you got to the Nine Hells with such a low level party?
Did you evoid doing all the side quests, or is it your first game?

[ 11-03-2002, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:06 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... in my defense, JI's simulacrum does not attack you anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2002, 06:13 PM   #8
DrakenKorin
The Magister

Alson, its very possible if you have a full party. I remember getting to chapter 6 with a level 11 party.

Still, a few levels won't make the HUGEST difference.
DrakenKorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 11:21 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DrakenKorin:
Still, a few levels won't make the HUGEST difference.
That depends. A level 17 Mage is vastly superior to a level 14 Mage.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:34 PM   #10
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Even level 15 is.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]