Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 05:13 AM   #1
tegoyo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im off to new worlds, since I totally disagree with Memnoch about moderating. See you

Laste PM I wrote to Memnoch:

Well, it is (better was ) a discussion and I believe it was important. And I am not satisfied with your answer. (there was no flaming or trolling). Being a moderator gives you all the rights to stop it, but I think it is wrong to stop a thread like this. It was very important to Yorick to make his point and even so I totally disagree with him, or maybe just because of that it was important to me and others to tell him that he is wrong. So, since we are not on TV were moderators run out of time, I think you exercised your right to close a thread wrongly and therefore I am leaving for good.

[ 07-10-2002, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: tegoyo ]
tegoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:26 AM   #2
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

gl on your journey.

i for one always love a good fight and hope there will be plenty more in the future. i just hope they remain in gen dis.they are few and far between.but for my original intent of coming here was to get info spoilers and to give general help when looking for or asked. the whole all out brawl just kinda keeps things interesting and fun to see what happens.

IMHO though that thread like i posted should have been killed about 70 posts back like i originally said.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:28 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's unfortunate that you arrived at the decision that you did, but as I said the decision was ultimately yours to make. Good luck, and we wish you all the best. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:32 AM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i dont know if this is right or not but in my opinion also it was wrong for memnoch to have kept the post going for as long as it did.he should have posted that if you want to continue the thread in gen dis fine but it should have been kept away from the gamers on the gamer forum. i know i might or might not get in trouble for this, but memnoch excersiced wrong judgment keeping that thread going for as long as it did. it was not just me and yorick going at it. but many posters where going at it and it did seem like alot of the posts by both sides got outta hand.i know memnoch is a good moderator and has done alot of good for this forum and after all we are all human, and we ALL make mistakes.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:35 AM   #5
Whailor

I personally don't think that Memnoch "overmodes" or whatever you stated. Yes, I have low post count, and this current ID of mine is new, but I have been on these boards for many years (mostly in read-only mode) and these boards have always been well moderated. You choice is yours only, and you did what you had to do, but you probably did a wrong thing.

[ 07-10-2002, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Whailor ]
Old 07-10-2002, 06:02 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Unlike a number of other moderators on other message boards, I have no problem with people providing me with feedback or requesting clarification as long as they a) do so politely and b) do so tactfully (I can't speak for other mods on Ironworks, I can only speak for myself in this instance). The courteous and reasonable way to have this dialogue is via a PM or an email - not in an open discussion on a forum. This is clear in our Terms of Service (click on the Rules and Regulations button on the top right hand corner of the screen). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Having said that, just as people are welcome to provide me with feedback, I expect people to respect moderator decisions and abide by them, even if they do not personally agree. (You may not agree with a cop when he says you are speeding, but you still pay the fee - or move to another country where the speed limits are higher ). This is to make sure that we can keep our forum running smoothly. A forum where there is no respect for authority is not a pleasant forum to be in - anyone who used to visit the BGDungeon a few months before it fell will agree with me.

I would rather not this thread become yet again another "should it have been closed/shouldn't it have been closed" debate on the thread that started all this in the first place. I appreciated the fact that Tegoya sent me a PM to show his disagreement with a decision I made, rather than posting a complaint on the forum, and I respect him for doing that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-10-2002, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote