Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 01:42 PM   #1
Sean Mc.

Hail Icewind Dalers,

Was thinking this would be a great game, however, I have one concern. I had Balders Gate II and loved it, but the bugs in the game kept me from getting very far. Tried their patches to no avail and just ended up getting really frustrated. Question I have is, how stable is Icewind Dale? are there tons of problems with this game? Playing Wizards and Warriors now, supposedly had lots of problems, yet I'm exp. very few issues with that game.

The reviews I've read on Icewind Dale have got me eager to grab this baby of the shelf, just want to know if I'm headed for disappointment.

Thanks All For Any Information You Can Give!

Cheers,
Old 01-10-2001, 04:41 PM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

Well, personally, I only had one problem near the end, but it is easily avoided usually if you know what to do. Great game. IWD is a bit different than BG2 though. Much more linear story line and more monster hacking--which I LOVE--but I guess you already know alot about the game since you said you read some reviews of it.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:56 PM   #3
Sean Mc.

Yeah...thanks though.

I'll probably go get it this weekend then and give it a shot.....love less story and more killing.

So close to Zeus he sang you are the wind beneath my wings to me at my surprise birthday party,
Old 01-10-2001, 06:56 PM   #4
Sean Mc.

Yeah...thanks though.

I'll probably go get it this weekend then and give it a shot.....love less story and more killing.

So close to Zeus he sang you are the wind beneath my wings to me at my surprise birthday party,
Old 01-18-2001, 04:36 PM   #5
Oreon

Sean,
I really hate to hear that you had a problem running BGII. Might I suggest uninstalling the game and doing a full install and then load the patch before you ever start the game. That's what I did and I've yet to have a problem. Really, BGII is an awesome game as well as IWD. I think you'll be glad you played both.
Old 01-18-2001, 06:02 PM   #6
Sean Mc.

Yeah, will do after finishing IW Dale I'm planning on restarting BGII.

Appreciate the advice.