Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 07:28 AM   #11
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I could not work in a place like that, the atmosphere was to realxing, I would have been asleep in minutes

edit typo, sorry just woke up [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 06-29-2004, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 06-29-2004, 09:16 AM   #12
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

the title made me think this thread might be a copy cafe, [img]tongue.gif[/img] oh well [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2004, 09:23 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
I could not work in a place like that, the atmosphere was to realxing, I would have been asleep in minutes

edit typo, sorry just woke up [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Trust me Stormy, it was anything BUT relaxing in the kitchen. We busted ass.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #14
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Kitchen life is far from relaxing, 15 years in the trenches of cooking and going, servers are just as active, if you have good management you will have shaky but good times if the management is poor you will hate your experience.

I'm not big on Benies for the main reason of the first time I went there I was 18 and looked like I was 15, and the waiter treated me accordingly. I was waiting on the coloring book and booster seat it was so bad. After 7 years I figured I would try it again, meal was good, service was great, until I saw my credit bill at the end of the month, they triple charged me, my 30$ meal came in at 120$ and caused a nasty chain reaction.
Now I only go there if someone else is buying, hehe
Old 06-29-2004, 11:13 AM   #15
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
Kitchen life is far from relaxing, 15 years in the trenches of cooking and going, servers are just as active, if you have good management you will have shaky but good times if the management is poor you will hate your experience.

I'm not big on Benies for the main reason of the first time I went there I was 18 and looked like I was 15, and the waiter treated me accordingly. I was waiting on the coloring book and booster seat it was so bad.
Ouch, man! I know how that can be, I just turned 18, but I know I look probably like a 15 year old, or so. It does help that I'm now on the rather tall side, so looking down at people (literally speaking) helps garner a little more respect. Another part, is that I refuse to grow what little and crappy facial hair that so many males my age, do. Euch!
Oh, well, looking younger than we are will probably be a very good thing, soon!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:13 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My husband did chef duty at several hotels in his younger days and says the kitchens were always hopping! He never talks about the relaxing aspects of the work, that's for sure! LOL! Although I guess they sometimes got perks like leftover prime rib or something at the end of the night. But half the time, he says they were too tired to eat!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:32 AM   #17
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I worked as a waitress/grill op for going on 6 years total, and would not go back to such a thing, it was just the atmosphere in the place, very laid back, soft lighting, and very quiet, maybe the kitchen was busy, but it was just too relaxing at the tables
Old 06-29-2004, 12:04 PM   #18
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i've never done a real restaurant but i did work at a wendy's for 1 1/2 years and another for 3 months. that is hectic. not a laid back part, but i was never too tired eat! i love wendy's!
Old 06-29-2004, 02:40 PM   #19
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

fries and cheese sauce or fries and frosty? still have not tried the other yet :/
Old 06-29-2004, 05:33 PM   #20
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yucko, I don't like Bennigan's. Maybe they are good in other towns I dunno, but they suck here. They are dirty (tables, windowsills with grit, floor, etc.) and I always smell either roaches or roach spray faintly throughout the restaurants (been to more than one here). Their hamburgers are old meat, you can take a bite, look inside at the brownish pink meat inside, and literally wait one minute and look again and it is now dark dark brown, a sign of OLD nasty meat!). Grosses me out. I much prefer Chilis, Outback or TGI Fridays. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-29-2004, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps