Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 12:05 PM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Let me begin by saying thank you to all those who posted threads on this subject. Seeing the numbers of posts and the generally frustrated/angry icons, I new it was going to be a tough fight... forewarned IS forearmed (never read the strategies, just knew I was in for trouble).

Anyhow, it turned out to be a tough but manageable situation (took me four tries to nail the sucker).

*SPOILER*

I used a combination of thieves laying traps (after making the dialogue reply that keeps the big fella neutral), summoned animals/monsters to keep him busy and every freakin' defensive spell my mages and Jaheira posessed. The attack timing was the toughest - didn't realize how nasty those wings could be. Finally suckered him into the traps, distracted him with the summoned critters and laid into him with everything I had. Even after resting, my party was so beaten down, I actually lost a few to a pack of stinking hobgoblins upon exiting the lair! How embarrassing...

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 04-01-2001, 01:49 PM   #2
ShadowUK

Nice one
You show that lich who rulez

------------------
Old 04-01-2001, 05:10 PM   #3
BG2SOA

Yeah Kangaxx can get extremly hard if you don't know how to beat him.I just put a protection vs undead on myself and went to beat him,he didn't even attack me,it was really fun.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-01-2001, 07:08 PM   #4
Lord Shield

pro vs magic if my main PC was a warrior type, otherwise spell shield vs abjuration. Sorcerors are LETHAL