Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 04:47 AM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I am curently solving the skinner murders. I then plan on try to slay Frkrag(sp) again then take on Kangaxx(not sure what to do to find him). Any advice would be helpful. No spoiler just some stratagies. Like if I should use Dragon Slaying weapons on Red or the sword that lets you use sunray once a day on Kangaxx.

Me Lvl 12 Sorcerer
Minsc
Valger
Jaheria
Aire
Nalia

Cant remember there levels.
Old 03-19-2001, 04:59 AM   #2
Entreri
Manshoon

As stupid as it can be, the big red took me 5 sec to lay him dowm. I use my fighter with the vorpal blade not aware that this weapon would work on a Dragon but it does ! All my party was magic fire protection and all other protections we can have ..for nothing.

Kangaxx at level 12 .. Mmm not sure it is high anough. But, pro vs undead spell is the best way I tested. It will ignore you.
Old 03-19-2001, 05:01 AM   #3
Entreri
Manshoon

I forgot to tell you , I was told You must have +4 weapon to strike the demi lich. So tchek if Daystar is strong anough. Maybe yes, +2 +4 vs undead but again I am not sure of it.

------------------
Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 03-19-2001, 05:42 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Even if Daystar isn't strong enough, it would be good to use as many Sunrays as you can. On the old Forum, this guy posted a screenshot once of his fight with Kangaxx and he managed to do an incredible amount of damage using sunray (about 1000). Try to have a high level Viconia in your party or if you must Aerie, Sunray works better as you increase in levels. Have them memorise as many Sunrays and False Dawns as possible.
Do you still want to know where to find Kangaxx? There are three crypts spread over Athkatla (BEWARE THE TRAPS ON THE DOORS), in one you'll find a talking skull who'll give you the quest of looking for his other body parts. To find those, go tho the other tombs and prepare for a fight! Once you have the torso and the arms+legs, go to the floating skull again. You need weapons like the Vorpal blade, Staff of Rynn, Sling of Everard etc. to hit him, also protection from magic scrolls and a berserker would be very useful as well.
Yes dragon slaying weapons work on Big Red, you'll find a bunch of them in his lair so use those!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-19-2001, 08:37 AM   #5
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I am nearly Lvl 13. That might help a bit. Normaly I can getMinsc to do 1000 damage to the undead he just needs to get up close, how ever when I took on the 2 Shadow Liches near the cult of the unseeing eye it did not do as much damage as it does to other undead creatures. Un fortunatly neither Jaheria or Aeire know those spells yet. Could you give me an idea as to where I can find the other 2 pieces of the Demi Lich. I think the body is some where in the Bridge District. What district is the head in ? I just want to get the ring of Gaxx cos I found it in MP and it was cool. Also when Liches die do they drop things cos when I killed the 2 Shadow Liches they didnt drop anything. All I got were the arms and legs from the coffin.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:47 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Dave, does Aerie have any 6th level spells yet? Bolt of Glory and False Dawn are both quite good.
You only need one more part of the lich, namely the torso. The head *is* or will become Kangaxx himself. The Torso can be found in the bridge district, in one of the houses alongside the water on the bottom half of your map. Be careful with the trapped door!
BTW No, you haven't missed anything, the liches don't drop anything and the bodyparts are all you can obtain from them.
Good luck!

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-19-2001, 08:54 AM   #7
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

Where is the Head roughly ? What district ?
Old 03-19-2001, 09:06 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Oh, I'm sorry I thought you'd already talked to Kangaxx
It's in the Docks district, in a small house between MaeVar's Guildhall and the Sea Bounty's Tavern. Again, bad trap on door!

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia