Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
Darkman

I usually just stick to downloading single player modules from NWVault, but I'm thinking about giving a Persistant World a try since they seem to be "in" right now. Does anyone here have a favorite PW that they would recommend for a newbie PW'er? An action/RP mix would be preferable, but I suppose any type would do.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Hopeless Necromantic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am enjoying Gatecrashers at the moment. It uses the Planescape setting and various custom content to great effect.

http://eroding.net/gatecrashers/main.php

[ 01-31-2005, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Hopeless Necromantic ]
Hopeless Necromantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'm a servervault player. I've seen some local vault servers and wasn't too impressed with the balance and depth of roleplay. Mind you, there were some very kind people playing, but on the whole it wasn't my preferred style of game.

EfU, while it was local vault, was quite amusing mainly because of the ties to IW and the sheer strength of the creatures, and it was all very care-free.

I played on Daggerdale for a time, it was fun. They have a good number of rules and scripts which add realism and promote roleplay. The community has always been friendly if a little bit elitist in their minds. Unfortunately, after a time I began to find these rules were too restrictive and concluded there was a case of overregulation. I started looking around again, a bit saddened but with good memories.

After that, my next significant stay was with Teknights' Age of Shadows. I've played a character there for almost a year and a half and witnessed a lot of changes. Some were improvements, unfortunately, many were not. It doesn't matter much anymore since AoS is of the past and they're running a new module. I'm still a Tekkie so you may find me there, or working on a side project more closely oriented towards the development of a number of specific characters once on the server.

They're not actual PWs though, in that npcs won't remember you or any of that nifty stuff. I don't think it's needed, as all you need to have fun is a community with interests similar to your own. Anything else is just a nice bonus.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:21 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm in a semi persistent world myself, and I've been there for over two years. I've seen a lot of changes there over that time. When I first started there, there were only 12 outside areas, and now, there are at least 12 waiting to be fleshed out for a single quest. If you'd like to learn more, click the link in my sig.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

If you go to the NeverWinter Vault, or some of the official BioWare forums, you will find huge listings of all the current (and possibly defunct) persistent worlds which are out there right now. I have seen at least one persistent world be put up for grabs (in a sense) on the NeverWinter Vault, free for anyone to download and run their own campaigns in. More than likely there will be other such "grand experiments" which shall be retired in the Vault, mainly as the people running the servers are no longer interested in the module itself.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I personally have been VERY happy with Dor Maeglin Underdark, there are several downloads needed before playing, so when I rebuilt my comp and had to redownload the hackpaks I waited until I got DSL. It's server vault and has some really good party xp rules built in.

I'm in the Zar clan if you do log in (last name Zar)