Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2002, 11:04 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I don't understand what's going on around the D.C. area? I now live 60 miles west of the area that the sniper or snipers have been killing people. But before now I lived in the Los Angeles area for 40 years and the last 10 years I lived there my friends and myself would hear on the news every day about Drive by shooting and killing all around the area we lived in. WE even saw A car loaded with Mexican gang members open fire on another gang of Blacks right in front of us with automatic weapons 60 to 80 rounds were fired in a matter of seconds leaving two dead and three others wounded and bullets flying around our heads breaking windows in cars and in homes but we never closed the schools and we didn't walk down the street ziz zaging or serpentining, all I can say is what a bunch of cowards and now the terriorest Has won because You people are terriorized BAH!! you should be standing tall and the next time The terriorest son-of-a-bitch shoots rush the basterd take his gun away and stuff it up his ass. be alert and take AMERICA back. I fought in VIET NAM and I'll be damn if I'm going to let this basterd scare me and so what if he kills me it won't happen while I hidding behind some tarp covered gas station. STOP being COWARDS!! your AMERICANS take this sucker out and so what if he get a few of us don't let these Basterds win STAND TALL don't hide in a hole. Because if they win there will be more just like them. WE ARE AT WAR or did you people forget?
Old 10-22-2002, 01:02 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

What war are you referring to? The "War" against Terrorism?
Old 10-22-2002, 01:08 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Things are WAY different in the East than the West about violence (IMO) Parents do not want their children as possible targets, so why keep the schools open if parents won't allow their children to go? It's just safety precautions. Besides, this isn't terrorism, it's lunacy.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:10 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I think I got lost around the "I dont understand" part. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2002, 01:16 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yeah, just one more question: What's the point of being brave if all it does is earn you a bullet through the head/other vital area?

People not being careful and "cowardly" will only make it easier for the guy to harm his next victim.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:07 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hey Crimsonblade, this has nothing to do with being cowards or not. How can you fight an enemy that doesn't show himself ? Even if you brought your own pistol or rifle, who will you shoot at ? He won't come out you know. You fought in Vietnam, so you must know how that feels, being fired upon and not knowing where it's coming from ? So what will you do.... shoot every suspicious looking character ?
Old 10-22-2002, 05:11 AM   #7
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

So are you saying that you'd rather have schoolkids running around you as he takes you down (and possibly a few of them) than duck behind a shelter and smoke him out? The truth is, he's going to hit when he wants to, and we can only rely onlocal authorities to deal with it. When you say take the MF's gun away and shove it up his arse, you have to remember that it isn't like he is popping into plain view and announcing what he is about to do as if he were at the duck shoot at a carnival. And I have to ask a serious question. If you were in 'Nam... If you were in a strategically useless position while a sniper was in a well fortified one taking shots at you, would you just stand out in the open and fire at random until your ammo ran out? I don't think so. Courage and intelligence do seem to go at least partially hand-in-hand. So why the shot at the people that dropped to the ground when bullets started flying? And I better end this now...
Old 10-22-2002, 05:30 AM   #8
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I think the real coward here is the sniper. Hiding. Taking aim on defenseless unsuspecting people. Afraid to deal with his problems like a real man. What a sorry A$$ little man.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:17 AM   #9
The Trickster
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBobTheDestoyer:
I think the real coward here is the sniper. Hiding. Taking aim on defenseless unsuspecting people. Afraid to deal with his problems like a real man. What a sorry A$$ little man.
Couldn't agree more!
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:40 AM   #10
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It's a frustrating situation isn't it. The worst thing about it is that all that can be done is the spouting of words and labels such as 'mother f**king coward' in fits of impotent anger. If this person maintains their low profile they will never be caught, and there is nothing that anyone can do. The police are powerless to deal with a situation such as this. No degree of bravado or calm, collectedness is going to make this person commit that crucial error that could bring them down. It all boils down to the incredible power that can be wielded by an individual of cunning and intelligence that decides to forgo the dictates of law for their own advantage. Laugh in despair you unfortunate folks.