Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2000, 09:57 PM   #1
Hakisha

Does anybody want to talk about paladin characters they have made? If so, reply to this.
Old 05-08-2000, 05:26 AM   #2
TheMightyNolem

Paladins are a fun character to play if you like the Dudley Doright kind of person y'know "don't worry fair damsel I will save you"
I love playing paladins their nobility and generosity in unboundless wish I had learned before he "fell" that reputation points affect a paladin's status so before I knew it I was a paladin no longer! I changed that real simple by going back and reloading and following a truer path. Dudley eat your heart out man there may be no women tied to train tracks but there are plenty of other people in need.
Old 05-10-2000, 10:07 AM   #3
Moggl

Just some wisecrack:

The other character who HAS to be good by deed and by nature is the ranger (which I prefer to the paladin).
Playing one of these two 'correctly' can be quite difficult.
Old 05-18-2000, 10:54 PM   #4
Chronos

I can send you a paladin character file with 25 all stats,great weapons,and a huge amount of HP (120 I think)
Old 05-19-2000, 10:22 AM   #5
Moggl

Thanks for the offer Chronos, but thanks no. Firstly, I can hex edit the stuff myself, and secondly, I like to ROLEPLAY the game.

I make one exception: I CAN'T kill Drizzt, so everytime I play a ranger, I hex edit his chain mail into the game, as it allows you to hide in shadows, unlike other metal armour.
Old 06-14-2000, 05:09 PM   #6
ratava

In all the RPGs I have played I have played as or behaved as a paladin. It is a shame of the weapon proficiency restrictions imposed on the paladins in BG and as it seems in BG2.
It is unfair if you accept that the paladin is primarily a warrior.
Old 06-14-2000, 05:24 PM   #7
Adhrael

Hey Moggl !! Really you, baldurmaster, almost bladurprogrammer canīt kill Drizzt ??? :-0
I canīt believe it. I this is true, just pick your worst character, give him boots of speed and potions of speed. Equip 5 others with ranged weapons and the best ammo you have, and keep Drizzt running with the speedy one while the others fire. Youīll need a little patience, but itīs worth a shot. I know people that have done the same but summoning monsters instead of running. I think itīs harder this way.

LUCK !!
Old 06-16-2000, 11:17 AM   #8
Moggl

Adhrael: that's a misunderstanding, I can't bring myself (or the girls) to kill Drizzt, as I've met him many times on pen and paper rpgs, and he's like an old friend to me.
Old 06-17-2000, 11:02 AM   #9
Opus

Concur. I'll admit to being evil a few times and pickpocketing him though...he'd still be able to chase the evil me down but maybe Lloth would take an interest or something. Could you resist if he'd have had Guenhwyvar? I don't know if I could have.
Old 06-29-2000, 10:16 AM   #10
Moggl

Opus: I can't kill Drizzt but the poor fellow has such a heavy load to carry around with him....