Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #291
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telryn thought aloud as he crossed the ford.

"Talryr...sounds like a good place to look for some work...could maybe use an experienced guard."

"Would be nice to get a bed and a nice meal for a change."

He glanced about at his companions, looking for their reactions to Ydalon's "speech".
Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #292
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Isokla observed Ydalon in silence, a slight frown furling at her brow as he cut off. Whatever family issues he had, the girl was sure that he did not wish to drag a host of strangers into it. After all, they had met only days before. Trust was earned, and life stories were never exchanged to complete strangers. At least, not usually. Stooping down to pick more firewood, Isokla trod around the bush finding stray sticks but never actually cutting fresh ones. Finding a few furcones, she added those to the pile she had disposited at Yadlon's feet.

"I trust you plan to keep the fire covered?" Isokla asked quietly, "I do not wish to be found, and I imagine you do not either."

Once she had collected enough firewood, the girl brushed herself down and gave a long look at several of the menfolk who had followed them, "Why don't you boys go and make yourself useful, hmm?" she asked, arching an eyebrow, "There's a river right there - go catch supper if you want it." the expression etched in her eyes was amused.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #293
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram looked up at Isokla, a curious expression on his face. He wondered what was going on in the woman's head. Did she want some 'alone time' with Ydalon?

"If you want to be alone with Ydalon for a few minutes, then why don't you ask for it directly, instead of going about it in a roundabout way?" he asked, curious what Isokla's reaction would be.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #294
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Isokla blinked at Nivram's words and frowned, "That was not my intention" she answered sternly, "Although there are a few... details I wish to discuss with him - alone. No," she paused, "I simply do not wish to do all the work while you males loaf around. I know your type - you will get away with doing nothing if you can!" Giving him a long look, Isokla narrowed her eyes, "Besides, supplies won't last forever, will they? If you want to eat - then you should catch the food."

Waving her hand dismissively, the girl asked, "Unless, that is, you would rather cook your own supper, hmm?" With a small laugh, and a wicked twinkle in her eye, her expression grew wide with mock concern, "Or could it be, dear Nivram that you are perhaps... jealous?" she teased, "Is it that you don't want me to be alone with our dear intrepid leader?" She fluttered her eyelashes, "Could you possibly fear for my virtue?" she continued, laying it on thicker this time, "That our gallant, heroic sir knight might..." her eyes widened to the size of saucers, "Lay hands on me?"

Isokla's eyes narrowed, "Or perhaps you believe I cannot take care of myself, hmm?" Waving her hand again, she told Nivram firmly, "Shoo. Go on, get. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I'm a grown woman. While I appriecate your concern... it is unwarrented. So run along and be a good boy and catch supper." Isokla had an evil grin etched upon her eyes, but her face was straight. Barely.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #295
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram chuckled at Isokla's last comment.

"You do realise that it has been more than twenty years, since I had last been called a boy, Isokla?" - he asked, grinning wildly. "I'm trying to decide whether you were simply being sarcastic in reply to me, or whether you really misunderstood what I had said, but from the way you said it, I think I'll go with the latter."

Nivram put down his pack, containing his meager posessions.

"I trust you'll keep an eye on it, while I leave the two of you to discuss, whatever it is you wish to discuss. Meanwhile..." he let his voice come out high pitched, far from what it usually was "I'll be a good boy, and bring back some nice fish. Will that be good for mummy?"

Nivram grinned, and turned upstream, walking close to the riverbank, wondering what the hell he would be able to catch fish with.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #296
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"That's right sweetie," Isokla smiled brightly, "You be a good boy and earn your keep while 'mummy and daddy' have a little chat." She waved as he left, calling after him, "and remember to wash your hands after playing with the fish."

Shaking her head, Isokla turned to Ydalon, "So now that the 'children' are out of the way..." her tone darkened and she met his eyes with a cool gaze, "Why don't you tell me what we're really doing going to Talryr? There has to be more to it than you're letting on. And... what exactly is this family matter? Forgive me for being so forward, but..." Isokla narrowed her eyes, "There's more to what you're planning than what you're telling. If I am to be of help, I would like to know at least some of what goes on in your twisted mind. So fill me in, if you please." she paused and added, "My lord."

~~~

As to Nivram's thoughts, there were several reeds and rushes around, or he could attempt to tickle the fish. Perhaps one of the others might know how to catch or spear them.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #297
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak watched as Iskola and Nivram exchanged words.'Mummy and Daddy'? Were they insane?He was thinking of helping with the fish or fire or something to make her hate him that much less, but he waited,she didn't seem concernd with him, and she shouldn't be,he had gotten good at keeping secrets for people.Deadly secrets.He put his hood over his head,covering his eyes, and began to meditate,he did need to regain his strength.He didn't go into a complete trance however, because the conversation was getting good.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #298
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Isokla gave Zak a short, sharp look and demanded, "If you're not going to help, you're not going to eat - at least, nothing I prepare. Stop lazying around and go help Nivram or something, elsewise, cook your own supper. Group effort, hmmph."

---
OOC: short and sweet. Happy now? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2006, 04:31 AM   #299
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telryn stumbled over to the riverbed, next to Nirvam.

"So..." He said slowly, "Any idea how to catch fish using our bare hands?"

He removed his backpack and laid it down next to him.

"Wonder what those two are up to,"He said with a nod in Isolka and Ydalon's direction, "Or "Mummy" and "Daddy" as they are now known as."

[ 03-04-2006, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 03-04-2006, 06:07 AM   #300
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram grinned.

"This little boy does not know what Mummy and Daddy are doing, neither does he know how they want him to catch slippery fish with his bare hands." - he said, still imitating the voice of a young child. He then turned to Telryn and spoke in a much more serious tone.

"The methods of fishing I had previously heard of are: using a net, or using a fishingpole with some bait, or finally using a spear to stick the fish on it. Well, I don't think we have a net, nor a spear, we could however try to fashion a crude fishing pole, using a branch, and some worms, which would definitely be crawling over this type of terrain."
Closed Thread