Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 05:37 PM   #21
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn stood silently, watching as the scene in front of him unfolded. He was being ignored, not that it bothered him, he prefered it that way. For a man of his size to be looked over was a remarkable thing indeed, but it would help him in the end. Stealth wasn't his speciality, but if not being noticed meant staying alive he was all for it.

The injured woman was bandaged and walking, with aid of the blue eyed male. He was taller than Telryn, but not by much. He didn't look the gentleman type, but what did Telryn know?

"Who's blood will be spilt next?" He wondered, "The blonde haired man shouted to get off the road, will no one listen?"

Preferring to stay alive he stood back, hand edging closer to his weapon. Should battle begin he would be ready, but he would not be the one to start it.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #22
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Glaring at both Ydalon and Kagirioni, Isokla began, "No more bloodshed, please. There are... other methods of payment. I would not be indebted to either of you." She bowed her head to Ydalon, "I could not ask such a thing of you, nor accept it. I am not without coin myself, and perhaps, I might afford such, though it would strip me of all worldly possessions." Adding more softly, she whispered, "There are other ways around the river; we need not carve a path through them, even if we were able. Such bloodshed is sheer folly. I have no desire to die, nor should you. Please, leave me and go upon your own seperate ways."

There was concern within the girl's pale blue eyes, mainly for Ydalon and Detheriel as she stood tall and proud in her rugged, ripped dress, despite her injury. She bore it all with dignity and from the way her chin was set, she wouldn't back down on this (although she may accept aid). Perhaps she was a pascifist.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #23
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Narar liked how the bandits handled things. The weak are in this world to be exploited by the strong. Narar looked back to the ones that stuck out in the crowd of peasants and serfs. A wounded girl, a few do-gooders helping her walk, and a man flailing his arms like a chicken in a foxhole. Narar reached into "his" new pouch and pulled out a gold sovereign, flipping it towards one of the bandits, and pats him on the cheek in an insulting matter. The bandits hand reached for his sword, but the scene of 3 unconscious and wrecked bodies made him think twice.

Narar reached for "his" pouch, and threw it into a crowd of peasants, and watched the ensuing chaos. It contained the last gold sovereign in "his" pouch. The peasants rushed back into the road, beating each other for the sovereign.

OOC: The gold coin Narar owns is not of any type of currency, just for reference, it was a keepsake he had of his father.

[ 07-22-2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 07-23-2005, 05:59 AM   #24
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel grimaced in anger at the ensuing fracas. That coin could have been used to see the wounded lady to safety rather than to watch peasants brawl for mere amusement he thought. And what kind of person enjoys watching grown and respected men reduced to the status of squabbling beasts?! "That oaf is no better than the bandits!" he muttered under his breath.

"Forgive me Lady" he said, "but I must disagree with you. Bloodshed is what these thugs deserve. I will not bow to their demands - paying them is akin to supporting what they do."

He turns to Kagarioni and smiles. "Perhaps you could lend coin just for the Lady?" he suggested? "We could wait 'till she's well clear, return at nightfall and dispense some justice to those dogs." He thought for a moment and turned to Ydalon, thinking he looked resourceful. "On the other hand, perhaps this lad might accompany her to ensure her safety? I do not trust those brigands."

Remembering Isokla's pleas about bloodshed he turned back to her. "My Lady, finding another crossing will not alleviate the suffering of the local peasantry who cannot return to their homes or sell their produce. It must be stopped!"

"But" he paused, smiling ruefully, "I cannot do this alone. I shall abide by the decision of the majority."

OOC - Nice to see that Narar is the sentimental type!

[ 07-23-2005, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 07-23-2005, 07:42 AM   #25
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: a bit late, I had written the post up last night, but didn't manage to get online, but it might still be able to fit.

Nivram

Nivram was drunk. He had passed the night in the tavern, and had had more than his share of booze. Drowning his sorrow into booze, he called it. Unfortunately he had taken a bottle of strong whiskey with him when leaving the inn and had downed it when he woke up, lying in the dirt, fifty feet from the inn. This made him feel merry indeed. And depressed. He was always depressed. Even though he tried to very often drown his sorrow into booze, it never worked. And he also never found his sister. Nothing worked for him. Spotting a nearly perfectly round pebble in the dirt next to him Nivram picked it up.

”Even you look more cheerful than me. Look at your perfect curves. You must be awful proud of them.” – He turned the pebble around a few times. ”Go to hell!” – he then said, hurling the pebble forwards…through the window of the house next to him. Hearing the sound of shattering glass, and fearing he had suffered an “attack” from the youngsters of the village, a man looked out of the broken window – and spotted Nivram.

Ten minutes and a lengthy sprint later, the alcohol got the better of Nivram. He was a good runner, when sober and even when drunk, but when drunk he had to face the consequences of running for an extended period of time. Leaning against a tree he felt compelled to empty the contents of his stomach, and proceeded to do so.

”Life does suck.” – he said loudly and then looked up, spotting several pairs of eyes staring at him. One of those pairs of eyes belonged to someone who was bandaging a young lady, who was lying at the base of the tree Nivram had been leaning to just previously. Luckily the contents of his stomach were on the other side of the tree.

”Oh well, looks like I’ve messed up introductions again.” – he managed to say, before passing out into a deep, alcoholic sleep.

[ 07-23-2005, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 07-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #26
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telryn stared at the man vomiting near the tree. He had passed out, asleep by the looks of things. It was no problem to him, he knew what happened when you drunk, as he assumed this man did. The scar on his left cheek was a constant reminder never to drink. He had gained it when one drunk threw a bottle across a crowded bar, hitting Telryn. In a murderous rage he threw the man out, and a few more, destroying half the bar as well. He was stripped of his title of Captain of the Guard and sent on his way. Disgraced he left the city for the simple life of being on the road, never in one place for too long, not getting close to anyone.

Telryn snapped out of his daydream and glanced about. He slowly walked over to the brown haired man who was talking to the young lady.

"I couldn't help overhear you talking about teaching these bandits a lesson, so to speak. I'd happily help if it is for the greater good," He said grinning, "Telryn, by the way."

[ 07-23-2005, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 07-23-2005, 03:50 PM   #27
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Drunken dreams invaded Nivram. Drunken and depressive dreams. But mostly depressive. Pink and yellow elephants were violently slaughtering each other, amid calls for peace by a large, green mouse. Nivram made a mental note to remember when he woke up that the yellow elephants had won, while the large mouse got trampled.

Then suddenly in his dream the last remaining, fleeing pink elephant rushed at him, and just in the moment that it would have crashed into him, Nivram woke up.

"The yellow elephants won!" - he shouted as he sat bolt upright.

Looking around he saw everyone now looking at him. Looking around himself Nivram saw everyone who was there. All of them were looking smugly at him, and Nivram could not help, but feel the sensation creeping over him again. That all too familiar sensation of being depressed.

"Oh well no matter how much of a fool I make of myself in this world anyway. In the end we shall all die, and shall be forgotten" - he murmured softly, but not softly enough that no one heard.

Nivram stood up shakily and leant against the tree. The world was swimming ahead of him, and he most probably saw more people than there were actually there. Seeing even more happy (at least that's what he thought) people than there actually were there made him feel even more depressed, which he tried hiding behind a glazed look, of someone, who was not yet totally sober, nor totally drunk, simply feeling utterly miserable.

[ 07-24-2005, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 07-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #28
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Taking a liking immediately to Telryn's open face,he returns the grin. "Detheriel" he offers, "and it's nice to meet somebody thinking along the same lines as myself."

Idly wondering how anyone can fight with a flail and not get wrapped up in it he proceeds to explain the current situation.

"The Lady here wishes to avoid bloodshed you see, but I dis.." He broke off in astonishment as the victorious cry of "The yellow elephants won!" carried to his ears. Giving Telryn a bemused, apologetic look he turns to regard the figure leaning against the tree.

[ 07-23-2005, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 07-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #29
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telran chuckled quietly as Detheriel looked at the man shouting about the elephants.

"They've won, have they?" He asked the man curiously, "What exactly do you mean?"

"Perhaps it's code, maybe he is a bandit undercover. Constant vigilance" He reminded himself.

Working as a guard had learnt him a few things, one of them being never let your guard down, ever.

He stared at the man, trying to decipher the intricate codes that was the mans face.

"Alcohol," He thought to himself, "Or perhaps it's something more than that? Perhaps he is troubled mentally, he may not be stable"

His hand never left the handle of his flail. He found it hard to trust people, but this Detheriel looked friendly enough. He decided he would aid him with the bandits, should it eventually come to bloodshed. Who he travelled with afterwards, however, was anyones guess.

[ 07-23-2005, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 07-24-2005, 04:02 AM   #30
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

What do I exactly mean? Can't he see I'm drunk? Is he someone I shouldn't trust? - Nivram thought to himself, while trying to clear his head.

"It was but a dream." - he said diplomatically. "A rather strange and depressive one, but I felt that I had to tell you, who won in the dream."

Nivram looked around, trying to discern what everyone was doing, but still couldn't see too clearly and wasn't yet sure, whether he saw the exact amount of people, or more.

"What's happening here?" - he asked finally, dreading that the answer would depress him.
Closed Thread