Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #221
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: before anyone suggests that this is a cheap cop out, it *was* pre-planned.
---
The faint scent of smoke drifted up from closed door back where the bandits had been sealed in. Over the course of a few minutes, that smell grew stronger and soon clouds had started to billow out from the cracks between the door. The bandits had fired their own tower from their basement from the looks of things.

On the other side of the tower, if Isokla and Nivram were to look closely (or see around), they would see the emerging figures of the bandits in shadow, and making noise as they crashed through the bush.

In the tower, the sounds of explosions would soon be heard as the fire consumed barrels of alcohol and goodness knows what else…

---
OOC: I know its not a lot to work with, but I’ll trust you guys to make do – if you need more, just shout and I’ll see what else I can add.
Btw, welcome to the game Keal, you seem to be fitting in nicely..
Old 01-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #222
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I think we should leave now.We can come back later and deal with the rest of this stuff.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #223
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel sniffed suspiciously.
"Fire!" he exlaimed. "I think you're right Zakaria. We don't want to get trapped by the blaze. Let's return to the others, report what has occurred and return when the fire has died."

He turned to go and then paused in the entrance, looking back at the newcomer. He thought for a second, pursed his lips and extended his long knife by the blade, offering the handle to him.
"I shall want this back" Detheriel said with a steady gaze.

Lifting his bow once more from his back, Detheriel moved swiftly towards the entrance, keeping to the wall.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #224
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak used his whisper technique once again. The building is on fire, trying to get out. he sent the message straight to Iskola, though he doubted she'd care.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #225
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

The upper floor was not half as devestated as he had described it, but still treachery awaited. This high, no stone floors could be supported, nor extravagant halls and chambers. Instead a single low room was constructed from the ceiling of the one below. The wooden floor was in places rotting, and in others fully gone. Sparse furniture still stood littered about, and a ladder led to a hatch, which would in turn lead to a magnificent view of the landscape.

Ydalon stepped forward, glad of his light weight, and traversed the floor. He had already spotted the reason for his visit. It was not for a view of the land that he had quarrelled with the Lords of Vision.
This was for a view of the heavens.

Waiting on a table, one of its four sturdy legs penetrating the uncertain floor, was a rectangle of cloth. Ydalon saw the sign and knew that he could not be mistaken. With a grin, he bundled it up and stuffed it into his sling-bag. Then he turned and hurried back down the stairs.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #226
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Everyone made it out of the tower in time to see the rising column of smoke turn black and the flames beginning to lick the stone foundation, consuming and charring the edges of the already derelict building.

It was anyone’s guess as to how long the tower would last, but at the rate the fire was spreading – and by the sounds of minor explosions coming from the basement, probably an hour or two – if not less before it collapsed in on itself.

It seemed Isokla and Nivram had not seen the bandits escape the building…

If the others hurried out of the tower and looked towards the east (opposite of where Isokla and Nivram were), they would see the shadowy figures slipping into the brush – two of them hauling what looked like a chest or crate of sorts.

OOC: Ydalon would most likely be able to work out that there was a fair chance they were escaping with a small stash of gold ingots if he encountered the escapees. It is doubtful anyone else would know the contents of chest though

~~~

Since everyone had escaped the tower unharmed (more or less), they would have to decide their next course of action. As soon as the Lords of Vision learnt about their outpost being raided, no doubt swift repercussion would follow – so it would fall to the group’s best interests to take down any survivors and silence witnesses if they wished to keep their identities concealed. The sooner they left, the less chance of the discovery of their involvement.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #227
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

His grin had grown, and was threatening to split his face in half. Whatever these other travellers had accomplished, it was a spectacular blaze doing more damage than he could have dreamed. Ydalon said as much to them. And all that without a life lost. Soon, he'd need to take this a step further.

"And this one's vastly hard to miss! Every Lord this side of the Ryr'll have our heads for it!
From his enthusiasm, he seemed pleased with the prospect of righteous infamy.

Nonetheless, he lowered his voice as he continued,
"That's another reason we're going to cross her. Cross the bandits, cross the stream, and then you're free enough with your small fortune."
Indeed, he assumed most of them had taken the time to pick up at least some share of loot. The ones who hadn't had practically disobeyed a direct order and shouldn't grumble.

"More than that, it's my promise to you folk. If we march off now, and we should, you'll get your chances to be rid of eachother soon enough. So pack your bags, get marching in line and sing a song of bandit mockery while they haven't shot you full of vengeance arrows yet!"

Old 01-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #228
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Blinking slightly in the sudden daylight, Detheriel couldn't hold back a smile as Ydalon's enthusiasm rubbed off on him. He spotted the spoils that had been gathered from the tower laid out in front of the doorway and stooped to pick up two silver pennies and five copper marks.

He stuffed them into his pouch whilst scanning the rest of the goods and ascertained that there was nothing else of use or interest to him there.

"It looks like you have no further need of my blade" he pointed out to the newcomer after seeing the two knives lying there. I don't even know his name yet Detheriel thought to himself. Still, such introductions can wait, it's more important to get moving he reminded himself.

After checking his pack was secure and resting his bow over his shoulder, Detheriel stood quietly to one side watching the bustle of activity from the rest of the party.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #229
Keal

Keal

"Lead the way, I don't know this place at all, I'll back you up, knock down doors whatever. Just Hurry!" Keal said as he went towards the door and waited for Zak to move.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #230
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Why would i want to leave the party? Zakaria asked to Ydalon. I find you all to be most interesting, though, I want to get to a town before continuing. I have buissnes i can only take care of at a Mage Tower. I hope no one will object.
Closed Thread