Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:04 PM   #191
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel
Placing his bow carefully on the ground to the side, Detheriel ran over to where Telryn was waiting. Digging his fingers tightly into the slat he tried to lift the crate bodily. "Grrnf!" he exclaimed as, despite his impressively furrowed eyebrows, the crate refused to be lifted more than an inch or two at his side.

Feeling somewhat ashamed of himself especially standing next to such a giant of a man, Detheriel tried a different tactic. "Lets try pulling it from side to side" he suggested. It proved possible to half-pull and half-drag the heavy crate towards the door in this fashion and after some effort it was safely propped against the door.

"That should hold it!" Detheriel grinned cheerfully, retrieving his bow.

[ 10-17-2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 10-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #192
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Surprisingly, there were no sounds from the bandit enclave except a quiet grating. Only those with their ear next to the door would hear it though.

The crates were heavy, almost as though they were filled with something. Regardless, it blocked the door and came up to about half-chest height on a six foot tall man so it covered the entrance nicely.

As for Zak's idea, anyone who knew anything about magic knew they needed a line of sight to cast such a spell, so unless the mercenary planned to break a hole in the door, his plan was somewhat infeasible.

Now that the party had 'discovered' the location of the bandit's lair, all that was left was the second door - and the bandit's supplies. Since it wasn't in their sleeping chamber, one could only assume that either a) it was through the second door with the cellars leading upstairs, or b) hidden somewhere nearby or through the bandit sleeping chamber. Naturally, it was likely that now the bandit's knew the heroes were nearby (from the sound made from the crate) they would begin to fortify their position. It is likely that if the party acts quickly, they might catch them unprepared...
Old 10-21-2005, 07:19 PM   #193
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I think there are a few more around here dont you fellows? Would you care to join me in a side adventure? We can come back here once we've delt with the others.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #194
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Checking the draw of his blade, Detheriel flashes a wide grin. "Sounds good to me!" he exclaimed.

[ 10-21-2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 10-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #195
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak smiled in enjoyment. Excellent. Well I will let you lead the way,seeing as how you are most likely a better swordsman than me. He checked his daggers and drew his sword. Lead on.

[ 10-23-2005, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 10-24-2005, 08:18 AM   #196
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

"Lead on then, Detheriel," Telryn said, glancing back at the blocked door before he started walking.

[ 10-24-2005, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 10-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #197
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Feeling bouyed by the success of the party, Detheriel led them confidently forward in a brief search of the surrounding area, making sure that no bandits lay in wait to ambush them from behind if they moved deeper into the structure.

"I think we should try that second door now" he whispered back to his companions. "We must make haste, yet remain as quiet as possible. Let us try and preserve whatever element of surprise we have left after all that noise." Drawing his sword carefully, the scraping of metal seeming terribly loud to his sensitive ears, he noticed his heart beating fast with excitement and fear. Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves in these unfamiliar surroundings he briefly eyed the second staircase down towards the cellar before leading the others on.

The corridor and steps down were lit by dripping candles mounted at regular intervals and these cast long flickering shadows along the stone walls. Taking full advantage of these, Detheriel, Zakaria and Telryn scurried along in the gloom, hunched over, moving with all available speed.

Finally, with a brief raised hand signal, Detheriel halted the small group by the entrance to the cellar at the bottom of the second stairway. After a final look behind him to check that both his companions were ready, every muscle tensed and screaming for action, he checked the impulse he had to launch himself around the corner blindly. Inwardly cursing the stonework that obscured his vision in a way that the forest did not, he slowly craned his head around the stone archway to see inside the cellar.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:10 AM   #198
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: I need to check my notes before I post - namely, to find out exactly where you are and where everything is. *mutters* This will teach me to be lazy and forget to draw a map. Anyway, I'll post soon.
From what I recall, there ought to be two underground levels - the first one (directly under the ground floor) being a cellar holding two doors - one of these being a staircase leading down. The other is a door leading up (another staircase).

The second underground floor has the passageway and the room where the bandits were trapped in.

So you lot have just headed back up to the first underground floor and are checking out the second doorway? There were also a couple of storerooms, if I recall correctly.

I think that's right at least. Someone mind checking & confirming that, or am I completely off?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #199
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

OOC: Heh, close enough

I thought we had to go down the second set of stairs to get to the storerooms, but no matter - it definitely is the two storerooms that I wanted to explore as Ydalon suggested.

[ 11-23-2005, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:38 PM   #200
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak smiled at himself, despite the current possible danger. Well, at least if we do run into any very unwanted trouble the big man will get them first, he thought to himself. But i'm itching for a fight.
Closed Thread