Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:54 PM   #131
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Noticing Kagarioni shivering in the rain as well, Isokla walked over to the girl and laid a surprisingly gentle hand on her shoulder, "You're cold too?" she asked softly, jer tone strangely compassionate. "I imagine you must be, especially in that armour. I am too." She kept her voice low enough for Kagarioni's ears alone and murmured, "If you have a tent, set it up child, if not, we'll share a bedroll - for warmth." Her tone left nothing to the imagination and any who was foolish to imply that she was speaking of anything other then lying beside her would no doubt get a severe tongue lashing. It was clear, at least, that she was 'suggesting' it for Kagarioni's benefit and not her own, for no doubt she had been through worse, despite her recently half healed injury. "Damn this rain," Isokla whispered as it began to fall more and more heavily, the rumble of distant thunder growing closer as the gap between lightning and thunder grew lesser and lesser. "Set up the tent so I can start a fire and fetch some rocks, if you would, please Kagarioni."

It seemed clear that Isokla had no intentions of sharing a tent with anyone who wasn't female and planned to stay with her student for as long as they travelled together.

[ 08-16-2005, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 08-16-2005, 12:13 AM   #132
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni nods as she smiles gratefully at her "Thank you mistress." bows and walks over to her tent and carefully sets it up so that smoke can escape through the hole in the center as she shakes some asthe rain picks up, carefully reinforcing the tent against possible winds as she tries to pick up some dry rocks to put inside the tent. All in all, set up like a wigwam, with the distinctive top. She puts her pack inside as well.

'Not to mention I have to get out of this armor before the lightening hits here..' Kagarioni thinks to herself as she takes off the armour inside the tent, then walks back to Isokla to report, her dress getting soaked fast "The tent's set up, and I've got something of a firepit started, although I don't know if I can set fire to the rocks.."

[ 08-16-2005, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 08-16-2005, 01:27 AM   #133
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Even though Kagarioni had planned to walk back to report, before she could, Isokla had already entered the tent the tent flap falling shut behind her. The girl felt her soft, warm hands help her unbuckle her armour straps and gently lowering it to the ground, Isokla murmured, "I know you must be cold, child, so tie down the tent flap to prevent others walking in, and ensure that no one can see through the top. Then dig the firepit. I'll secure dinner - a soup would be good for you, I think, with herbs that will warm you." Despite her soft tone, Isokla's voice was still commanding and she expected to be obeyed. "Once that's done, strip off your wet clothes, hang them to dry with mine and the fire shall warm you. If you have any nightware, change into it. We won't be wearing armour tonight."

Once everything had been seen to, both girls, master and apprentice were crouched by the fire, a warm bowl of soup in their hands and a pot hanging over the burning fireplace clad in naught but their shifts, undergarments and a dressing gown in Isokla's case. By now, the storm was raging heavily outside and the eye of the storm was close. Shivering despite the soup and herbs, Isokla grabbed the bedroll and tugged the fur blanket off it, pulling it around both her and Kagarioni's shoulders, snuggling against her for warmth.

---
OOC: I'll let you others turn in as you will, talking if you want. If not, morning will come and you'll awaken at dawn, undisturbed, unless you choose to disturb another character or go for a walk or whatnot.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:06 AM   #134
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: I'm only doing a joint post because Salia had to leave quickly and I wanted to wrap this convo up. (And for those that don't know, a joint post is one done over a messenger program, such as msn or aim where two people post back and forth. It's not something I encourage, but this was taking far too long)
Edit: bah, left out a colour.
Edit 2: In case you were wondering, the fire is a fire-pit, buried in the ground with banked walls, thereby casting no shadows upon the tent wall. I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear earlier.
---
Kagarioni nods, giving her a hearfelt smile of thanks, doing what she asks as soon as possible.

Kagarioni softly asks Isokla "Mistress..I have a question to ask you.. you act like a noble. but.. you don't seem to be one. Why?"

Kagarioni looks at her as she speaks, giving her her full attention.

Isokla looked up at Kagarioni, her attention shifting from her thoughts. Her reverie broken, she furled her eyebrow slightly and asked, "Why do you ask that, child?"
Kagarioni looks at Isokla and replies a bit shyly "Well.. you have the manners of one, and you treat people as one.. it's a bit unexpected."

Breaking into a smile, Isokla simply laid a warm hand against Kagarioni's brown hair and gently let her fingers sift through it, in a gentle stroking motion as she replied simply, "Perhaps one day, you'll understand child, that people should be addressed with respect, regardless of class, until they do something to warrent otherwise. Perhaps, you'll catch on and understand whom I respect by how I address them, and whom I do not." With a long sigh, she wrapped her arm around the other girl's shoulder and said simply, "Come here."

With that, she pulled Kagarioni's head to her shoulder and held her gently, "I am sorry if I was harsh with you earlier, child. I hope I did not upset you." she paused, "I have no excuses beyond that I was feeling strained, after being stabbed and all, but even so, I should not have been so short. Forgive me?"

Kagarioni cocks her head as she listens, returning the hug, the same smile still on her face "Of course I forgive you..it was only natural to be strained and short after being stabbed."

"Child," Isokla began slowly, "When I said that 'I own you', I meant it. As far as I'm concerned, you are mine." she smiled to take any edge or sting off her words, although her tone was still gentle, "And because you're mine, I'm going to look after you - regardless of whether you believe you require it or not. Understand?"

For whatever reason, Isokla did not stop stroking the girl's hair, although she did tilt up her chin to look her in the eyes, her own pale blue meeting her bright green. Cupping her hand tenderly around her cheek, the young woman kissed Kagarioni softly on the forehead and whispered, "I hope you can understand that."

[ 08-16-2005, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 08-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #135
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak shifted uncomftorably in his dark bubble. Although the rain didnt effect him and he had his own little fire going, he was disturbed by the actions going on between Iskola and the girl. For although they couldnt see in, he could see their figures made by the shadows cast from the fire. He had never seen a master and apprentice act this way toward one another. Even though his master treated him like a son. Their emotions will be the end of them. Zak whisperd to himself. She was very talented,that Iskola,she would make a fine partner,if he could smooth talk and and get a little friendlyer with the group. That probably wasnt going to happen however. He looked to the left sharply and threw a dagger and impaled a rabbit through the neck. Damn,he was getting to jumpy.He winked out his fire with a thought and finally went back to sleep.

OOC: Sorry,misread your post,thats better.

[ 08-16-2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 08-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #136
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram did not feel like sleeping. His stomach was still somewhat unsettled from the previous night's overabundant liquor consumption. As everyone either covered themselves up or went inside tents Nivram went to sit next to Detheriel.

"Mind if I sit here?" - he asked. Seeing no negative reaction from Detheriel he did so.

He stayed silent for some time feeling the cooling rain fall on his hair and shoulders.

"You said that you are a 'traveller of sorts' a few hours ago. Is that your word for adventurer, or does it hide some deeper meaning?"
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #137
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel grinned and looked up from the ground at Nivram. "I think adventurer sounds far too grand for my life - it's been much more aimless than that!" Seeing that Nivram was at least slightly interested he continued: "To tell you the truth, there isnt't any kind of deeper meaning in my life. I simply travel where the road leads and deal with events as I come upon them. There's certainly no grand plan!"

After a short period of silence he spoke again: "I was sorry to hear about your loss" he ventured. Feeling slightly awkward for bringing it up and wanting to move the conversation on, Detheriel rose, stretching. Deciding to keep his bow un-strung for now to save the string from getting wet he gestured towards the edge of the forest.

"I was planning to watch over the camp from the darkness under the forest canopy at the edge of the clearing there. You're welcome to join me if you wish." He paused and grinned. "And if you have no tent then you'll probably have a much better nights sleep under its protection!"

[ 08-16-2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #138
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

He sat on his stump for some time, looking up at the clouded skies. Though he sat, for now, alone, he was far from free of eyes. The chance remark thrown his way he answered with little more than nods.
By the time he was finally done staring at the starry sky hidden behind the gloom, he seemed as if he might as well have gone for a swim in the rushing river. His dirty, oft-mended clothes were heavy with rain, and his hair clung to his forehead and neck. When he at last realised he sat wet and cold, he jumped down onto the moist soil of the clearing and walked off into the watery night. He stopped only to draw a dagger from a rabbit, and tossed it back to its owner. The creature itself, he took with him to the river's edge on the other side of their hill.

There, he found a reasonably dry spot. Sheltered by brush and night, he lay the woodland creature down, and took some tools from his sling with ceremonial discipline.

When he stalked back into the camp, he had changed shirts, and the rabbit was gone. He made for himself a bed in the moss, and went to rest with a smile.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #139
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram nods.

"I think I'll join you. Some company will do me good. And I also must admit that I have no tent. I was just caught up by events, and sort of swept up with this group. But since, as you must have heard, I have nowhere better to go, I'm staying for the moment."

He sighed, his thoughts once again drifting to his sister. Then an idea struck him.

"You haven't happened to meat someone by the name of Sarah Winters, or Sarah Heathers during your travels? That's my sister's name. The second one is her name after marriage."
Old 08-16-2005, 05:55 PM   #140
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Eyes alert and scanning the camp, he watches Ydalon walk back and settle down on his moss bed.
"Sorry, I haven't met anyone named Sarah in my travels." He paused, thinking. "When we get this business with the bandits cleared up I'd be happy to come looking for her with you.

And you never know, these Lords of Vision probably have their filthy fingers in the middle of all sorts of crime around here - you might find that following this course would lead you to her."
Closed Thread