Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 PM   #111
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni sighs, a near comic look of resignment "I have no problems with your terms. "

Kagarioni only appears slightly resigned that it's so harsh, but not really as if it's an outrage. It's almost as if she was expecting semi harsh terms.

"My only real question is if I am still allowed to do my morning exercises with the sword."
Old 08-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #112
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Appearing serene as though nothing had occured, but secretly surprised, Isokla nodded and added, "I think I'll charge you three Golden Pennies per three months, or rather, one golden penny a month, first payment due upfront along with a golden soveriegn which will be returned upon my departure and the rest every three months. I'll give you a couple of days to think it over though." Waving her finger Isokla added, "I'm giving you a good offer, given what most masters expect. And make no mistake, I am your master from now on, though I prefer the title of 'mistress'." she paused, "As to your practice, we'll see. It depends on how well behaved you are. Now, for your first task, go and cut a willow switch and return it to me." her pale blue eyes narrowed, "I am not a harsh master, but I will not tolerate disrespect, nor spoilt brats. Behave as one and I'll treat you as one. Understand I consider you a child until you have earnt a place as an adult. Understood?" Isokla's tone was not harsh, but it was clear she had little patience for irriating children. It made Kagarioni have to wonder if she had been a master to others before; she was a little too quick on the uptake...
Old 08-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #113
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni nods as she responds "Understood .. excuse me, mistress" , trying to think of a proposoal that would match it as she goes outinto the forest to cut her willow branch. She takes her time when she finds it, concentrates and does a rapid slash so she can cleanly cut the branch off, then cuts the bark off with her belt knife, making sure that it's not a messy job, so it takes her some time.

Kagarioni then walks back, her sword resheathed, with an oddly amused expression on her face that disappears once she reaches visual range of anyone in the camp, as she gives Isokla her switch.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #114
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

He had remained silent and observing during the exchange between Kagarioni and Isokla, still standing next to Isokla. His observations had led to some interesting conclusions though. He decided to keep most of his conclusions to himself at the moment. When Kagarioni had left he turned to Isokla, speaking in a low tone, so that none of the others in the camp could hear him.

"Do you really plan to go through with this? Do you think she has the devotion? She clearly has the money, that much is obvious to me, but I am not sure of her devotion. Especially if..." Just then Kagarioni reappeared and Nivram did not finish what he was saying.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #115
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Looking Nivram straight in the eyes, Isokla ignored her new apprentice and nodded slowly, with a long sigh. "What else can I do?" She asked softly, "I tried to dissaude her, but I gave her my word..." Giving Kagarioni a long look, she motioned her to come closer, took the switch, examined it, and prodded her apprentice in the ribs with it. "This will do, I suppose." she sighed, "Thank you, child. Now please, attend to Ydalon and inform him of our latest developments.. given that he is this party's leader, after all. Please inform him that I wish to stay and enlighten him to your circumstances. Now, run along child." Isokla turned back to Nivram...
---
OOC: Edit, I'll update Isokla's inventory with the "Willow switch 'prodding stick'", Salia, so don't worry about adding it to Kag's. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-12-2005, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 08-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #116
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

He waited for Kagarioni to get out of earshot, before he continued what he had been saying.

"Especially if you try so hard to get rid of her, I was going to say, but you had already answered it."

He paused, thinking about what had happened during the day.

"So tell me, Isokla. What is it that motivates you? It clearly isn't money. And I would hazard a guess that it isn't revenge either, unless you give out revenge on your own. You see were your purpose simple revenge, you would have agreed to go after the bandits."

He then muttered under his breath in a way, which even Isokla couldn't understand.

"That is, unless my analysis is completely mistaken."

[ 08-12-2005, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 08-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #117
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Shrugging, Isokla asked. "What does it matter? What drives me? What drives any of us? Survival perhaps? Searching for a meaning in life? Living our lives? Maybe it is just a simple journey. Most people do not truly know what drives them, and yet, others do. Many are mistaken." She paused, and asked, "And what is it that drives you? Money? The lust for power? Revenge? Companionship? Finding the perfect match to your soul? Love? Or perhaps, as a few are, you are searching for your own demise? Searching for death?" She shrugged again, "As you can see, it matters not. What matters is, that I am here, in the now, and we have a journey to undertake..." she griminced, "And I, a student to babysit." Isokla prodded the stick at the ground and sighed, "I hope," she murmured, "That you did not truly believe I would beat her with it? I am not unfair, nor am I her mother." Isokla frowned, "Though if circumstances warrent it... I sincerely hope she is not so spoilt a child I shall have to use this. Magic is not something for children..."
Old 08-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #118
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"Whether I seek death or not, I do not know. I always had an ability to analyse the actions of others, yet were unable to apply this ability to myself. I know I am depressed, I know I have my problems, that is even visible to the untrained eye. But you are wrong that it does not matter what drives me. It is the only thing, which has kept me from falling into complete madness." - his voice was soft, not aimed to only be heard by Isokla, but even if someone were casually listening from the camp, Nivram was pretty sure they would have only heard fragments of what he said.

"I was the simple son of a simple farmer until my family was killed by bandits. Then I was the simple brother a sister and her husband had to keep. That lasted until I felt I was a burden to them, and left. When I returned I found that my sister's husband had died, and my sister disappeared. I wish to find my sister."

It was rare for Nivram to confide in someone so fast, but he felt something special about Isokla. Something he couldn't yet place.

"I am no warrior as some in our make-shift group, nor am I a mage capable of flaunting his powers to everyone around." - he said clearly reffering to Ansolon. "I am but a simple man, not made for a life of adventuring. All that had brought me with this group are chance and the possibility that travel might help me find my sister."

He stopped his long monologue and looked to see what Isokla's reaction would be.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #119
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"I'm sure you'll find your sister if you search long and hard enough," Isokla confided, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder, though her touch was light. For some reason, it was not at all hesitant, and her graceful moments came with ease. "Regardless, you will make a difference in this world if you continue your journey, whether you mean to or not - whether for good or ill. But consider, would your sister wish you in such a state? If you wish to live for her, to find her, then surely, first you must start by looking to yourself. If you met her tomorrow, or even today, and she saw you in such a state, how would she react? I know that if I were, I would not wish my brother to be depressed..." Isokla sighed, cutting off and withdrawing her hand, "But what do I know?" she murmured, almost to herself.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #120
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"I guess that you know much more than you even tell yourself, Isokla."

He started wondering about her words, of what his sister would think of him if she saw him. She knew of course that he had been depressed when he was living with her, but she had never seen him in such a bad state. His alcohol problem, although it was hard to admit, was slowly starting to get out of hand.

He knew that he had to change, but at times when we make certain decisions it can be very hard to keep to them. He wondered whether Isokla had been moved on his path by the fates. Was it her purpose to get Nivram out of his stupor?

He whispered a "Thank you." to Isokla and then left her to her thoughts, trying to think why he could have thanked her.
Closed Thread