Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #91
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Armor,it slows you down when you could be running circles around your enemy. Zak carefuly eyed the woman,trying not to move his head,and smiles as he puffs his pipe. Nice. That was the only word he could think of.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #92
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Ansolon

In almost a puddle of muscle and flesh, Ansolon mostly slept deboned, as he felt that sleep was easier and more refreshing without his bones.After waking up, it takes much time and concentration for Ansolon to re-bone himself, starting with his ribcage. He never deboned his skull, however, as what was between his ears was much to valuable. Most people find this gross to watch Ansolon rebone himself, be thinks it to be quite interesting, being a testement to his power. Ansolon listens to the conversation idly, watching the woman service her armor.

[ 08-06-2005, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 08-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #93
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: Salia could you please be clearer about who Kagarioni is talking to, because at times I'm not really sure about it. This post is with me supposing that your remark about being irritable was in reply to Nivram's previous comment.

Nivram

Nivram nodded.

"We come from a situation, which had its tensions, so I understand if you are slightly off balance."

In his mind he was analysing everyone's reactions around him, mentally building a psychological profile of each and every one of the people in the group. The profiles were still very much incomplete, but for some he had slightly more information.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:01 AM   #94
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

"No, that will be alright,"
Telryn said to Zak, turning down his offer to show him fire magic.

"Fire magic...typical! Any other type of damn magic I can deal with, but fire!" Telryn thought to himself.

OOC: Seen that post you wanted deleting CD [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #95
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

So,does anyone know where we are going? Or was this a one night thing and we disband now? Or pherhaps we'll go do justice to the injust?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #96
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram slowly walked over to where Isokla was sitting. He thought about sitting next to her, but since he wasn't sure how she would have reacted he didn't.

"You seem as if something is troubling you." - he said. "Is it anything I might be able to help with?"
Old 08-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #97
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

In the gathering gloom, Ydalon looked upon those who would share the camp.

The man with the hammer had been keeping himself to the background. He had not spoken, merely followed, and had shown himself to be brutal and cruel at the bridge. He had murdered to buy his passage, then discarded his passage as worthless in view of the oppertunities with the travelling group. He was a juggernaught of destruction, but fickle indeed. Even now he showed no intention of introducing himself, of socializing or declaring a position.
By him an arrogant wizard, flaunting his powers without a care for the price attached. Ansolon seemed proud, but this could have been from pampering as easily as near unlimited might. He had joined without a word, and like the ox, kept his aims to himself. These men were closed to all, silent.

The boy turned his eyes to Telryn. He was half a foot below the giant in height, but his scarring made him look no less fierce. A man from the capital, he had come a long way, and was sure to have a reason. Yet he used clear speech and implied a sense of personal honour, and he seemed willing to bring relief to the land.
Nivram was equally unfamiliar. He too had given his word to join the fight, but his tone suggested he felt there was simply no alternative. That any man could be so dulled to conflict. Yet at once he seemed to have a calming influence on the heated arguments that sprang of the people's clashing ideals. His drinking implied concerns to drown, and there surfaced his own. These men hid important facts like gems of the sky.

Glancing down at the package in his hands, and storing it away with care, he thought of Isokla, her words and actions, her venom and truth. A grin spread across his face, she was excellent. He did not seem to reaslise she'd declard her own course.
Then the other woman in their company. They were as the north and south so different, but both claimed a bank of the same river. She was ready for conflict, armored to protect from marring, trained to do battle wherever injustice surfaced. Kagarioni had said her father led the Group of Nine, and he tried to recall whether he'd heard that name before. She stood strong in life. This woman was independant.
Ydalon was pleased to have some variety in the group, some reason for the men to behave themselves and at least pretend proper hygiene.

But Detheriel concerned him. He was kind and helpful in every way, but his looks to Isokla screamed 'Danger!'. When this man wanted something he would pursue it, and he would do so with slickness and guile. Yet he could not be faulted for want of initiative, and while the thought of him sent shivers down the lad's spine, he might simply be just perfect.
Finally, there was the mercenary. A man does not declare himself one unless they are looking to be hired. While he said he would kill for fun, he seemed the type that found someone to pay for his expenses anyway. And coin was a fickle master, for it came and went, from many hands down. Moreover, mercenaries were known to switch sides or dispose of their lords on a whim, for they valued nothing so highly as their own lives. And again, if he was as good a slayer as he claimed, his service free or paid for might be a great asset.

So it was that he answered the question with a challenge.

"Yes," he said, "I know.
"There will be a small delay in crossing the river. Tend your weapons well, and rest. If you are all committed, we leave before dawn."
Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #98
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Without looking up, Isokla addressed Nivram with a careful tone, her words considerate and weighed within her mind, "I very much doubt that there is anything anyone can do," she cut off and frowned slightly, though her features were still disguised by her long silvery hair, "Unless I find a way, a path, a course, there will be nothing any one can do. It is that simple. We each must choose our own path, though few take the time to weigh or consider their own."

The girl smiled drolly, "Unless you can see the future, I doubt you could aid me. Though, I thank you for the offer." Frowning further, Isokla sighed, "I am at a loss of what to do. I could accompany you, and stain my hands with blood by assocation, or I could leave you... and in doing so, stain my hands with the blood of many more by not finding another solution to when you all leap at combat..." the girl sighed and nodded at Ydalon, "And then there is him..." and added mentally, 'A natural leader if ever I saw one... and no doubt a viper.'
Old 08-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #99
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Frowning he considered the boys words. Why still so secretive? If he knows where we're going then why not share? However, the advice the boy gave was sound, if unecessary, so Detheriel sat up cross-legged in the grass and un-strung his bow. Laying it across his knees he carefully inspected the string for wear, then coiled it in his pack to prevent it from getting damp in the meantime. Drawing his blade and inspecting the edges for rust he thought more about their self-appointed leader.

Confronting him about his secrecy was certainly an option, but one confrontation was perhaps quite enough for the evening! Feeling pretty confident about his ability to either defend himself or slip away in the event of an unpleasant surprise, Detheriel decided to remain silent and see what the dawn brought them.

At least those two are dependable folk he thought, referring to Kagarioni and Telryn. Practical, competent and straightforward, just the sort this group needs.

He regarded the heap of bones and goo with immense distaste and not without a hint of fear at the unkown. The barbarian from the bridge was a savage, but at least he could be slain easily with a well-placed arrow. How would you even go about slaying something so strange as this magic-user? Where to even begin? he worried. With a slight shudder, he turned to regard those seated near him.

Zakaria's admission that a month without food and evading bandits was a stressful experience had elicited a tiny smile. Clearly this was a man who had no knowledge of how to harvest nature's banquet but preferred the easy living that coin bought. Furthermore, if he truly was as powerful as he claimed, no doubt that month would have been much less stressful he chuckled to himself.

Addressing himself to Telryn and Kagarioni (who were both sat near Zakaria) he spoke. "Perhaps it would be wisest to mount a watch nontheless" he suggested, hoping that they would be similarly cautious. Powerful lightning indeed! he snorted inwardly, touching the reassuring hilt of his blade. Ever-eager to not be the cause of conflict in the group, his thoughts were left unspoken however. "You can never be too prepared for trouble" he remarked apologetically to Zakaria.

Reaching into his pack for a hunk of bread he tore a chunk off and began to chew it slowly, listening to the conversation flowing around him.

[ 08-08-2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 08-08-2005, 11:35 PM   #100
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Prepaired for trouble indeed. Zak said with a hint of a smile,though he suspected that there would be no trouble at all. But, my offer still stands. My Estoric Circle could easly protect us all. Please, allow me to preform some type of useful service. First watch, if you insist on having one. Zaks naturally low and growly voice was made more so by the smoke of his pipe.Which he put out, after he saw the looks some of the others gave him. He glared at the incompetent wizard who was carelessly flaunting his power. You fool! How dare you play with such a thing, do you relize you actions could have serious repercutions later? In order for something to be gained, something of equal value must be lost! What if that little attack warented the bandits Shaman to do a locater? Powerful magiks as such cant be toyed with you ignorant idiot!
Closed Thread