Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

I need to know which stats to put out for a solo Assassin-Mage, Assassin-Sorcerer, Kensai-Sorcerer, Kensai(BIG CHALLENGE), and Assassin-Fighter. Thankings are in ordering....I guess....
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:26 PM   #2
mad=dog

I don't think Assasin->Sorceror and Kensai->Sorceror is valid. Solo characters always need a lot of juice. Prepare to roll for some time.
Strength - 18 (essential):
You need a lot of strength because you need to haul everything by yourself. If you are not playing BGT you may face problems with the non-warrior types because you cannot get 19. Rely on belts then. Ass->Mage cannot use Crom Faer either.
Dexterity - 18 (essential):
Especially for the kensai types who will have to cope with very high AC. Contributes to missile TH and thieves skills as well where applicable.
Constitution - 15/16/18 (essential):
15 if you play BGT and non-warrior. 16 if you play SoA and non-warrior. 18 if you play warrior.
Intelligence - 3/18 (essential to some):
Only essential to mage duals. Very essential in that case.
Wisdom - 3 (redundant):
Something has to go. In this case Wisdom. Make sure to purchase a few potions of insight and drink them when you cast Wish-type spells.
Charisma - 3 (redundant):
4 words. Ring of Human Influence. Just slip it on in non-combat zones (which usually happen to be negotiation zones) and you will be dandy.

To put it in plain language - sacrifice Charisma first and Wisdom second. Don't accept less than optimum in everything else.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

If you don't want to keep wisdom quite so low, or don't feel like rolling for hours, you can leave strength at 12 or so. Before very long, you'll be able to buy the girdle of hill giant strength at the Adventurer's Mart. You can do the same with Dexterity, but you have to do a fairly extensive quest to get said item.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:22 AM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Look at FAQ sticky thread about dual classing.

Dualling to a kit is invalid. Therefore you may not dual to a sorcerer.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:47 AM   #5
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by mad=dog:

To put it in plain language - sacrifice Charisma first and Wisdom second. Don't accept less than optimum in everything else.
would it be too hard w/out these xtreme scores?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:35 AM   #6
theGrimm
Manshoon

You cannot dual to a sorceror because it's an invalid multi-class, not because it's a kit.
Sorceror->Thief is also impossible.

I wouldn't really enjoy playing a character with any stat under 7. I mean, wisdom of 3 would make you, well, Neeber. Do you WANT to be Neeber? Charisma of 3, well, means your char has leprosy. Would you want to be Neeber with leprosy?

You can get your strength high with many items, your dexterity high with gauntlets. 18 Constitution would be good for part fighters, 16 otherwise. 18 intelligence would be good for part mages. Otherwise, you probably won't even notice the difference. (Oh, for part thieves, 18 dexterity would be useful and in-character)
theGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:38 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I'll just touch on the Assassin->Fighter.

STR of 17 needed.
DEX of 15 needed.

WIS & INT 10.

CON of 16.

CHA of 12.

That will be only 70 points. [img]smile.gif[/img] If you intend to fully powergame however, then max out CON and DEX to 18. Now it is a total of 75 points. Whatever excess points you have, put in INT.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:41 AM   #8
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

80 points if WIS & INT are 10 each . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:34 AM   #9
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Well, can you dual to a sorcerer? Or dual anything from a sorcerer? Then I would one happy Bhaalspawn.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:35 AM   #10
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

And could you use SK to have a multi-class Assassin-Sorc or Kensai-Sorc?