Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
Mike

My 10th level rogue switched to a bard. In addition to moon spells he also received fiend craft. I thought bards could only learn moon craft. Though this is definitely a plus, I was going to make him a ninja. Now I may not because I want to keep fiendcraft. Feedback?
Old 02-15-2001, 04:27 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You don't loose the ability to cast spells of a particular type by changing class but it does make a difference WHEN you change class. Rule of thumb is to allow a magic user to develop to about level 14 so that they have a chance to learn the more powerful spells before changing them to something else.
So you Bard can become a ninja eventually!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 07:16 PM   #3
Mike

Hello, again. I also recently ascended my wizard to a warlock. He had level 7 sun and stone craft, but not all the spells. Now, I can only gain new spells in moon and fiendcraft. Have I lost those other spells, or will I get them when I surpass my previous level?
P.S I'm new to this post chat, and was wondering if I should add questions to old posts or create new posts? Thank you.
Old 02-16-2001, 12:40 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

Mike, no character can learn higher level spells than their current role level. Since you might have all lower level spells from sun and stone, you can't choose from those schools. Once you're 7th level you'll be able to learn all spells again.
About items getting stolen: It has been mentioned before on this board, but with new people joining the forum all the time, it's always good to repeat such things regularly. By the way, the mask is not cursed, and it seems a good helmet so check if you'd not better wear it.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 10:25 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Mike, and welcome to the forum!

Just add questions to the old posts if they pertain to your question. We generally read them all!

Warlocks will continue to gain skill in all books of magic they know without penalty, in addition to Moon and Fiend magic. It just takes longer because you've got so much to learn!

On Bards: you get Fiend magic, but you can only learn it at 1/2 skill level (meaning you have to get them up to Level 12 to learn 6th level Fiend spells.) Still, you can get some good low-level spells (including the useful Pain and Summon Creatures). Stay away from Blood to Gold, though!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 11:40 AM   #6
Mike

My warlock can still learn the skill in sun and stone craft, but when he advances and gets to choose spells, he can only choose from moon and fiend spells. There are still some sun and stone spells I need. Have I lost these spells?
I also remember reading a thread on someone losing the Mask of Evil somehow. I've discovered that when I fight scoundrel redlegs, they pickpocket me. I've had to pick up my Mask of Evil on the ground twice. Fortunately, I had already used it in Shurigen Castle so it was just dead weight. I think the ratlings pickpocketing your party is crucial information and should be mentioned. Thank you.