Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
bazz1234

This is my first time round playing the game (i have only had it about ten days) but already i am being introduced to many different charcters that can be in my party. And i hate having to let people go, but i know i have to somtimes!!!

At the moment i have Me (half elf mage), Minsc, Jaheria, Mazzi, Yoshimo and Valygar (the guy that gets you into the Sphere).

I have also run into Keldorn, Aarie, Nalia, Jan Jansen, and Viconia (the one that you meet in the goverment district (drow elf?)).

Every time i have to get rid of somone it takes me ages to decided, I WANT THEM ALL. They all have good points.. and bad, but i was wondering who you (the general populas) think woudl be the best to keep in my party and get loads of exp points for.

Also as a completly random question, when doing the quest in the ancient ruins (the ones that used to belong to the sun god and were overun with shadow people), i have done the quest but have two small questions

(a) coudl you tell me what you put in the statue that says "A statue of the sun god, it looks like she is waiting for somthing to be put into her arms"

(b) The litttle piece of journal you get that sounds like it is leading to somthing, is there another part that actually tells me where it is?

Thanks for your time guys

Bazz

Old 01-04-2001, 09:21 PM   #2
Curdis

You probably want to have ALL of the NPC's in your party at one stage or another to get the maximum entertainment value out of the game. One strategy is to have 4 'fixed' companions and one 'free' spot for the NPC of the moment. As you are a Mage (good?) you probably want to have Keldorn in the party because then you can use the best magic item in the game (Paladin only). Two fighters is not a bad idea so perhaps Minsc or Mazzy, your choice. Thief - Jan or Yoshimo(pick Jan). Cleric - Aerie, Jaheria, Anomen, or even Cernd.

The romance options mean you need to pick (at least) one NPC and stick with them. I don't want to spoil too much.

Your questions:-
1/ the statue arms thing is a clue for something that happens later.
2/ the journal page. Can't recall accurately so I'll pass.

Curdis