Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
Deridan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HELP!! I´m stuck in Drow City!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
So i´m walking around Drow City, doing the tasks i´m given gaining trust and i´m almost though when this guy offers me a way to raid the wizards house in town, or else!! But when i´d done that everyone turns hostile so now i´ve killed everyone in town except a few dogs.
Usually i would be quite proud of myself but some hotshot lady sealed the city to do some kind of ceremony and i can´t get out.
Also the ward stone that unlocked one of the familyhouses broke when i opened the first door and there are two more doors. Do i need to get into that house to unlock the city or is there some other way???
Please help, i can´t start any new games if i don´t end this one....

DiB
Deridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 02:45 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

First of all, welcome to IW! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, what I suggest, is to go to a previous save, and then don't rob the Wizard's house. Tell him you are, but just never do it.
If you don't have any previous saves, there's not much you can do, except finish Ust Natha the 'easy' way.
Go to the Temple, kill all the guards, and you'll come to the chamber where Adalons Eggs are sealed. The door should be open. Rush in, kill the Golems, and take the Eggs. The gates should now open. Run out to Adalon, give her the Eggs, and move on.
And also, don't care about that Wardstone, it isn't important anymore.

Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 03:33 PM   #3
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

m
i
n
o
r
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
i read in a walkthru that if u (censor) phaere ur romance ends (this is if ur pc is a male. so i thought "hey wot the hell?" and ran thru the city sluaghtering EVERY drow. and cos they r evil, no rep loss etc.
"I slaughtered them, like animals. And not just the men; but the women, and the children" To quote anakin skywalker, attack of the clones.
so this is the one time where u can wipe out a city without suffering consequences. so i say [img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] die u drow!
Old 11-23-2002, 05:45 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Throrgrim:
m
i
n
o
r
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
i read in a walkthru that if u (censor) phaere ur romance ends (this is if ur pc is a male. so i thought "hey wot the hell?" and ran thru the city sluaghtering EVERY drow. and cos they r evil, no rep loss etc.
"I slaughtered them, like animals. And not just the men; but the women, and the children" To quote anakin skywalker, attack of the clones.
so this is the one time where u can wipe out a city without suffering consequences. so i say [img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] die u drow!
Ah, but you get much more XP by doing the quests there.
But my Cavalier agrees with you - slaughtering them is definetly the easiest and funniest way.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Or, you could do both. Do the quests, then kill kill kill.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:32 AM   #6
Deridan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, like i said i´ve killed everyone in town, including the guards and the golems. So i already got the eggs but the gates aren´t there.
I´ve gone to the exit but the "wheel-icon" doesn´t appear anywhere.

Please don´t tell me it´s some kind of bug, my last save is like several days back. Buggerit!!

/Deridan
Old 11-25-2002, 09:32 AM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Sounds more and more like a bug now. Have you patched your game? If not, install this patch now, and then this one.

[ 11-25-2002, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Old 11-25-2002, 07:38 PM   #8
Sythe
Ra

or if the dang diddly do hicky patch doesn't work use the clua console to transfer you into the next area but sadly I don't konow
Old 11-25-2002, 08:15 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The city should remain sealed UNTIL the Matron Mother Ardulace is dead.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:55 PM   #10
Deridan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you all for the tips! I have, with the help och the readme-file of a patch i should have installed before i got myself up ....creek, solved the problem by recreating the bitch Ardulace through the console and killing her.
Btw does anyone know why she just blinked into existence for a second? It took some fiddling with the spacebar to keep for on the screen long enough to kill her.

Anyway, i´m now back in the big city on an search and destroy-mission after a vampire. And to sell all the goodies i sto..borrowed in the underground.

Derridan