Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 07:41 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have never found dispel magic useful, since it never works. I still have no clue on how to remove confusion for example.

Other spells I don't use are: Infravision, friends, pit fiend, global of invulnerbility (the minor one too), protection from petrify, and cause wounds.

I am sure there are plenty more, but I don't have the game in front of me right now. What do you think are the worst spells?
Old 02-08-2001, 08:26 PM   #2
bigman

...there are so many crappy ones where do i begin?-----

-(druid) "Goodberry" is the #1 shite spell
-"shadow door"
-i, too, NEVER used "globe of invulnerability"; i would rather cast something useful
-"cone of cold" is kind of lame
-"armor" is boring and lame
-"friends"
-"hold animal"
-"vampiric touch" or any of the "to hit" spells
-almost all the 2nd level druid spells

.......there has got to be even more but i can't think of them all right now.

Old 02-08-2001, 08:29 PM   #3
G.W.

I never used chromatic orb. I'd rather hit monsters with magic missiles.
All the level 2 druid/cleric spells are useless except protection from fire (and the occasional cure poison).

ARMOR ROCKS WITH RANGERS!!!

Dispell magic was semiuseful but mostly for charm. Otherwise I agree with everyone else.

Old 02-08-2001, 08:42 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've used Dispel Magic before so I think it has its uses, but yea goodberry sucks, infravision sucks, touch spells mainly suck(Harm is an exception), power word sleep (yawn)-sucks, yep theres a bunch
Old 02-08-2001, 08:46 PM   #5
Caliton

WEll, as a sorcerer, I chose some crappy-arse spells..lets see, I USE mainley- Magic missle, Armor,Resist fear,Reflect image,Pret.from normal missles, prot. from normal weapons, Globe of invulnerability ( all of these in spell triggers and contigincies) Aganazza's scorcher, delayed blast fireball, Death Fog, Simulacrum....Ice Storm, Melfs Minute meteor..Gate, Prtection from evil..Spell Thrust, Breach, good god, I think thats all but a few..

That leaves ( deep breath) Cloud kill, Fireball...thats all..

Btw, Kalkylus, you can remove Confusion with the cleric spell Heal (it removes all forms of Insanity,Posion, Disease ,Acid)

Old 02-08-2001, 10:50 PM   #6
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I agree with most of what you all said. However, I have found that chromatic orb has its uses.
If I get one of those real tough skeletons. I'll use it on that and freeze it for a moment while
I pound on it with my tanks. I actually used this on a Lich and got some easy hit points on the
bastard. I also took down Firkraag with a few of Yoshis traps and a harm spell from Jahiera.
So I like that one too.
Old 02-08-2001, 10:50 PM   #7
RAISTLIN

Good job naming them. My personal least favorite spell is lightning because it is different than in an other rpg i have played. I am just plain tired of it richocheting off a wall after doing no damage to a magic resistant foe only to kill someone in my party triggering my only contingency spell....RELOAD AND TRY AGAIN

Old 02-08-2001, 10:55 PM   #8
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

The spell i found the least useful is sun fire, good for a mage in the middle of battle, alone, not so good in the middle of a your party and summoned creatures.
Old 02-08-2001, 11:01 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Mage spells that I never used:
1) Luck
2) Deafness
3) Grease
and many others......
As for cleric/druids:
1) Magic stone
2) Good berry
3) Command word: DIE
and countless others......
Old 02-08-2001, 11:03 PM   #10
Charlie
Lord Ao

All of the above and more. Lightning and wands of lightning I steer clear of unless desperate. It always comes back and bites me on the arse harder than the suckers I threw it at. I've wiped four of my own people out with that thing.......too dangerous.

Oh yeah, stun...how do you cure it or defend against it..spellwise I mean.