Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I really liked this movie, even though the guy that was responsible for scene shifts and story-movement should be beaten with a rod of iron. The fight sequences were gaspingly exciting, and she was just overall fun to watch.

If you have no idea who "she" is, she was in Resident Evil. Yeah...her.

I would suggest you see it, especially if you have been able to tolerate other female heroines in tight costumes and wielding swords in the past.

Here is a copy of an interview I found of her talking about her role and some funny troubles she endured...

</font>

if you thought Milla Jovovich was a kick-ass heroine in Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse … well, she's an even leaner and meaner killing machine in Ultraviolet.

The only problem is that, as even Milla admits, the graceful, balletic kicking and punching in the awesome fight scenes didn't come easily to her. "I've always thought of myself as this big, clumsy oaf," she told me, "like the person who'll come into a room and knock over a vase or something. That's OK in a romantic comedy, but it definitely doesn't work in an action movie."

So, the good news is that Milla trained for a year with a stunt coach to make everything look real. The bad news is that one day she didn't get it right.

"I'd been training, like, three months with the sword," she said. "We were doing this scene where I give it a huge twirl and then slash this bad guy in the back. I swung the sword full force — and stabbed myself in the leg. The outtake is sort of funny because you just see me keel over out of frame. Everyone was horrified, but I think they were also fighting not to laugh."

That's when Milla discovered that when you're on location in China, you don't dial 911. "This woman came over with what looked like a Band-Aid and stuck it on me," she remembers. "I was like, 'What about scarring? Shouldn't I get some stitches?' And she was like, 'No worry. You be fine.'"

Then came the day of the big sword scene: "The night before, I had dinner at this Japanese restaurant and got really ill. I came in feeling very sick to my stomach. So I was spinning my way through this complicated fight, just hoping I wasn't going to throw up. It was really nasty."

Looking back, Milla admits that she hardly believes what she pulled off with martial arts plus a little ballet and a lot of moves suspended from wires. "I was shocked," she says. "I don't think you've ever seen an actress from the West doing these Chinese action-movie things. It's like Crouching Tiger or Hero. I think we may have broken some new ground."

movies.go.com

[ 03-04-2006, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-05-2006, 01:31 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I wanted to go see it tonight but I wope up too late. I'm planning to go see it as soon as possible.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

It was a heck of an action movie, and Milla looked real good in it.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:17 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Heh.. it's from the maker of Equilibrium, so I'll be seeing it for sure.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote