Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2000, 12:34 AM   #1
Wretched

Well, that would have potential... to see who could plan out the best strategy and use his characters most effectively. The only thing that would need adjusting is the pause option... in other words, there shouldn't be a manual pause, but you'd have to agree before-hand on the conditions the game would be paused (if ever).

The most likely place to pause the game would be between rounds, allowing each player to decide his attacks, then hit a "ready" button and watch the action for a round. The players with fast reflexes, of course, would just play without pauses, and have to whirl around the map directing his party, hoping he has everything planned out so that he doesn't have to go to the dreaded inventory screen!
Old 07-14-2000, 12:48 AM   #2
Jizlobber

I do not think they are going to do it for ID. However I have read that they are planning to give a Death Match in Neverwinter Nights. Another thing NN will have is a Dungeon Master, but I do not know how that will work with Death Match(too many meanings for DM now).
Old 07-14-2000, 10:53 AM   #3
DailyRich

My roommate and I are both playing Icewind Dale, so of course, the inevitable "My party's better than your party" arguments have arisen. Is there any way, or any plans afoot, to allow a player to bring their entire party online and go mano y mano with another player's party? I think it could be a blast, and would be a somewhat unique option.
Old 07-14-2000, 03:20 PM   #4
DailyRich

That's great for NWN, but my roommate's got a thief who needs an attitude adjustment something fierce, I want him NOW!!! Oh well, one can dream, I suppose.