Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 05:10 PM   #1
Balgin
Elminster

Well, I've tried most possible shops within thirty miles of my house and still it eludes me. That isn't exactly my idea of customer satisfaction but at least I can laugh at my predicament and get back to my life.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:27 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

well thats alright. it might give interplay some time to release a patch to fix the things they broke in HoW. a few items don't work correctly and the new thieving ability, "crippling blow" is broken too.
I trid posting a message about "where is the patch" on http://redqueendesign.com/ but they seemed to delete my message AND username along with several of the other posts from other users expressing similar dismay at the bug level. strange geeks at interplay
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:44 AM   #3
Sir_Tainly

HoW is due out in the Uk on the 23rd of March

------------------

Your ad here?
Old 03-15-2001, 06:27 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

I can confirm 23rd March as release date for England.

I was originally told 15 March by EB on Oxford Street. I took them at their word, and spread this evil lie around on this board, as an unwitting party to the deception.

When I went to a different store today to pick up a copy, I got strange looks. Especially when I threw myself to the floor sobbing!

But from what I've heard, it could be a bit of an anticlimax.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 05:51 AM   #5
Sir_Tainly

Hi Epona, EB on Oxford St. is not a good shop, the staff are some of the worst I've met. If there is a Game store near you they often have a releases board up, which tends to be right. (I know Game and EB are the same company, but they operate very differently).

PS I used to work 5 mins from EB in Oxford St. do you work in that area?

Forgot to say that 15th was never a viable release date as it isn't a Friday. All new releases come out on a Friday ready for the W/E

------------------

'Cloudbringer for Spamturny General' - BK
-Powered by Tainly Corp

Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 04:13 PM   #6
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I can confirm 23rd March as release date for England.
But from what I've heard, it could be a bit of an anticlimax.
Not sure I agree mate - I thoroughly enjoyed it as I haven't gamed in a while and even though its rather short, it's an enjoyable old romp. Let me know how it turns out for ya

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 02:48 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Hi Epona, EB on Oxford St. is not a good shop, the staff are some of the worst I've met. If there is a Game store near you they often have a releases board up, which tends to be right. (I know Game and EB are the same company, but they operate very differently).

PS I used to work 5 mins from EB in Oxford St. do you work in that area?

Forgot to say that 15th was never a viable release date as it isn't a Friday. All new releases come out on a Friday ready for the W/E

Yeah, I didn't register that it was a Thursday when they told me, or alarm bells would have rung!

Because I live on the edge of the 'square mile', Oxford street area is my best bet for Saturday shopping, but I tend to avoid it because it's so crowded. I only went in to EB because I happened to be passing on my way somewhere else. My 'local' store is Game on Victoria Street as it's within easy reach of where I work (yes, I'm a 'Westminster Civil Servant', yawn) and they are much better and very helpful. They don't always seem to get things in the store on the release date though for some reason.

------------------

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-18-2001, 02:42 PM   #8
Balgin
Elminster

Oh well, not long to wait then.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-18-2001, 02:45 PM   #9
Balgin
Elminster

Oh, and incidentally, I was born and raised in Crouch End, just off of Priory Park (North East London I believe). We moved out when I was six on account of school bullies trying to kill me with a piece of rope and a tree (the rope was too short to tie around both separately but that didn't stop them, they tied it very tight and walked away laughing).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-19-2001, 08:08 PM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Balgin:
Oh, and incidentally, I was born and raised in Crouch End, just off of Priory Park (North East London I believe). We moved out when I was six on account of school bullies trying to kill me with a piece of rope and a tree (the rope was too short to tie around both separately but that didn't stop them, they tied it very tight and walked away laughing).

What sick b*stards!!
I went through a lot of bullying at school (in Surrey), so I sympathise - I know how badly it can affect you. I don't get to Crouch End that often, as most of my journeys seem to take me in to the centre of town rather than further North.
Do you like Bournemouth? I only tend to get there for my Trade Union Conference when it's held there. I'm not so keen on the town (I prefer the country), but I like the countryside around that area. (Sorry everyone else, I know this is off-topic).

------------------

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.