Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2002, 10:28 PM   #1
Durwyn
Elminster

Greetings,

The name is Durwyn, I ask for anyone here to please help me. I am currently at Dragons Lair (IWD) the third level. I beated the hordes of Cold Wights and Zombies, now I go all the way to the north of 3rd level and there is this Sorcerer there, she has around 15 Zombies and Cold Wights around here, when I engage with my party the kills like half of them. I used the Dale Keeper after 10 times and much frustiration, with over 10,000 Health points, she still kills half of my party after one of her spells. Am I doing something wrong? I notice I can avoid fighting her and going into the 4th level which is the one where all the preists are.

Basically, I'm asking for anyone to please guide me a little and then I'll find my way out, that damn Heartstone Gem [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Any help will be greatly apriciated.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:55 AM   #2
Brett
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bare with me it has been a while since ive been where your at now. if shes killing your party with a single spell and youve dalekept them to over 10000 hp, then the only spell that comes to mind is cloudkill. I wouldnt surpas anything in the game(but im just that type of player). What you should do is take a thief(or cast invisable on anyone) and walk in there and scout around a little. Then take your best archer and draw them out(make sure that you turn your other members AI off), try to do one or two at a time, once you have a good amount of the "followers" finished off. pick at her with your arrows,bolts,slings or whatever you can "throw" at her. another nice trick is web and anytype of cloud spell ie:cloudkill, stinking cloud...ect. If you really want to so it fast then hack in some arrows of piercing onto your archer Via > dalekeeper. a word of warning though, i wouldnt go hacking in way to many hit points per character, it makes the game very boring and it could also mess up the game(im having this problem with bulders gate and i had this problem with HOW when i hacked in a few extra spells, so use dalekeeper sparingly. A few little tactics (expecially with archers)work wonders in this game. have fun and enjoy..oh i also bow down to you dwarven king
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 12:16 PM   #3
Durwyn
Elminster

lol Well, thank you for the bow [img]smile.gif[/img] . I apriciate that. Now I shall make haste and do as you've told.