Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2002, 03:10 PM   #11
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

That was like my friend's mom : wouldn't let him get BG2 because it "promoted witchcraft." [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 03:30 PM   #12
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
One thing is sure, the dumb butt never read the book. Or any others, probably.
lack of imagination perhaps?

sigh...

I remember the time that D&D books/gaming was considered 'evil' to kids.
and that was about many many years ago
Old 11-16-2002, 04:27 PM   #13
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Whoopeee! You know i don't get it any more... My uncle thinks pokemon is the devil while my aunt thinks its cute but thinks harry potters the devil and another uncle of mine HATES starwars while the pokemon hating uncle LOVES starwars and lord of the rings...

How can you LIKE lord of the rings and think Harry Potter is Satanic? That's just bizzarre! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 04:28 PM   #14
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
One thing is sure, the dumb butt never read the book. Or any others, probably.
I am sure he read just ONE book over and over again.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:29 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Whoopeee! You know i don't get it any more... My uncle thinks pokemon is the devil while my aunt thinks its cute but thinks harry potters the devil and another uncle of mine HATES starwars while the pokemon hating uncle LOVES starwars and lord of the rings...

How can you LIKE lord of the rings and think Harry Potter is Satanic? That's just bizzarre! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I think you have a very confusing family lol. Now you have me confused, not that it takes much [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 04:36 PM   #16
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

The sad thing is that my church thinks the same way about Harry Potter books as that preacher. My parents on the other hand encourage me to read the books. They've read all of them so far and love them.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:37 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

DK, one of your uncles are right. Pukécrap IS the devil. It's Satan's creation unleashed on Earth to rot the minds of everyone it gets near.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:38 PM   #18
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
DK, one of your uncles are right. Pukécrap IS the devil. It's Satan's creation unleashed on Earth to rot the minds of everyone it gets near.
Char, Charman-NOOOOOOOOOO! NEB! SAVE ME FROM POKEMON!
Old 11-16-2002, 04:41 PM   #19
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm Roman Catholic, and a woman over the road from me is too. She has three kids, all boys, and let them read the Harry Potter books. She was speaking to me the other day about how she was going to take the kids to see the film, how she had booked it etc etc. She thought that the books were very good, etc. Anyway, she came back from church the other day and promptly threw away all the Potter books in her house (much to the dismay of her kids). Apparently, a guy at church told her that they promoted witchcraft, and so were evil. Well, my flatmate's family came round to the flat on the same day, and his little brother overheard her speaking to me about a child-wizard who was helping Satan influence the innocents, and he immediatly disagreed and offered a very well worded argument for a 12 year old. The woman turned to me and said "I cannot believe that you, as a fellow Catholic, can allow such hellraisers in your home!"
HONESTLY! THE VERY SAME WOMAN WHO, A FEW DAYS PREVIOUSLY, HAD BOOKED TO SEE THE FILM, HAD BEEN BRAINWASHED BY SOME BRAINLESS DOLT!!!

Yeah, I'm a Catholic, but that doesn't mean that I should prosecute a 12 year old for announcing his personal interests in a FICTIONAL book.
If I followed this route, what would happen?! Would I wait at home on Christmas night, a shotgun in my arms, guarding the chimney against an evil warlock cloaked in red who would fly his carriage of Satan onto my roof and use his devil-powers to enter my abode? well, forgive me if I don't run out and buy ammo just yet.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:45 PM   #20
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
If I followed this route, what would happen?! Would I wait at home on Christmas night, a shotgun in my arms, guarding the chimney against an evil warlock cloaked in red who would fly his carriage of Satan onto my roof and use his devil-powers to enter my abode? well, forgive me if I don't run out and buy ammo just yet.
Lol, good point Horatio.