Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2002, 03:34 PM   #11
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Hrm, this is tough.

Ready To Rumble
James Bond, all the movies
Mallrats
Dogma
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

That's a few. I'm looking forward to Spider-Man.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:51 PM   #12
Dramnek_Ulk

I quite like:

-Bronenosets Potyomkin
(Yes, it’s Soviet propaganda, but so cleverly done that whatever your politics you will end up cheering the communists)

-Paths of Glory

- For Fistful of dollars & for a few dollars more & the good, the bad and the Ugly

Old 04-26-2002, 05:02 PM   #13
rabbit_ate_trix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WHAT ?????????

none of you said "The Matrix" ?

Holy Crap !!

i mean Braveheart's aiight, but lets face it, it's not very historically accurate, it's hollywood. another mel gibson action flick. and isn't it exactly the same as "the patriot" ? therefor you should like both.

the matrix has better action. better plot. it presents good philosophical ideas. it has more symbolism that shakespeare. the whole thing's a crazy analogy. and all the cool stuff isn't dumbed down and easy to notice. they could make a freaking university course studying it.

and i'd also have to say "Office Space" is the funniest movie i've ever seen, even moreso than "the holy grail". i'd liken it to a simpler, longer, liver, version of Dilbert. and dilbert rules.

"lord of the rings" is awesome. but compared to the book it sucks. some very cheesy acting and lines in it. i couldn't hold back the laughing a few times. it's a very good attempt to make a movie that should be 30 hours long only 3 hours long.
Old 04-26-2002, 05:05 PM   #14
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

NO BRAINER!!!!! MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!!

Seconed is a toss up between...
The new LOTR, the original three Star Wars, Matrix, Tombstone, and Gladiator.

Quote:
"And he raised the hand gernade up on high saying, Oh lord bless this thy hand gernade... so that with it thou may blow thine enimies to tiny bits... in thine mercy. And the lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and breakfast cerals, and fruit bats and--- "Skip a bit brother...." "And the lord spake saying... first shalt thou take out the holy pin... then shalt thou count to three... no more... no less. Three shall be the number thou shall count... and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count... nor thou count to two... unleasting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out!"
GOD I love that movie!! I could quote the hole thing!
Old 04-26-2002, 05:08 PM   #15
SecretMaster
Apophis

Exacilbur, -the one made in 1980 somethin. Bravehart, Matrix, all the star wars, Lord of the Rings.
Old 04-26-2002, 05:25 PM   #16
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL! The Matrix more symbolism than Shakespeare? Verily not, thou villainous, clay-brained churl! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2002, 09:57 PM   #17
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by rabbit_ate_trix:
WHAT ?????????

none of you said "The Matrix" ?

Holy Crap !!

the matrix has better action. better plot. it presents good philosophical ideas. it has more symbolism that shakespeare. the whole thing's a crazy analogy. and all the cool stuff isn't dumbed down and easy to notice. they could make a freaking university course studying it.

The whole plot behind the Matrix is an adaptation of Plato's "Allegory of the Cave". The Matrix doesn't present any new philosophical ideas. It just regurgitates age old concepts and throws em at a younger and less educated audience.

And don't even compare the Matrix to Shakespeare.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 04-26-2002, 09:59 PM   #18
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Krishach:

James Bond, all the movies
Even....*gasp*....Moonraker?
Old 04-26-2002, 10:21 PM   #19
Bloodstalker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Joe Dirt.....and all those lame movies that used to come on USA's Up All Night.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:52 AM   #20
lroyo

My Faves are : deep breath

Terminator 2
Aliens
Lord of the Rings
The Matrix
Braveheart
Seven
The Sixth Sense
Braindead

That should do it!