Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2001, 09:41 PM   #1
mikeyg123
The Magister

this was really stupid but i have a 5th levelninja and a 9th level wizard
and i stupidly led all the mantraps and the swamps monsters to the gate of Ishad Nah and once i get out of the town i am killed almost instantly.
my wizard has a 2 incinerate and i need to get about 8600 exp points to get Magna bomb.

please help!!
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:45 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, nuts, MikeyG!

Okay, well, this is cheating, but if you're not using the patch...

Go out the East gate of Ishad N'ha (near the river). If you have the Toughen spell, stand outside the gate and cast it on your characters, then go back in Ishad N'ha. The HP increase will be permanent. Go back out the east gate, and continue this until they are high enough not to be killed by the Mantraps when you step outside the gate.

Now rush them outside the West Gate; they'll cast at you, but if you close the distance, they'll stop. (They don't like that funky stuff any better than you do). Take them out in close range. Then run back to Ishad N'ha and heal up.

Only problem is, you'll never get more than 1 HP increase from this point onward because of artificially inflating your character's HP using the "Toughen" cheat....but then, again, you won't need to.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:47 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Also: to quickly get up in XP, go back to the Crypt and fight Rumphy over and over again. He'll respawn every time you enter. According to another poster, all you have to do is return to the Statue, say "Sanctus Kerah", and run back to Rumphy. He's worth 1167 XP per character in a 6-character party; 8 times through and you're up your level you need to get Magma Bomb.

-Sazerac
Old 03-13-2001, 09:50 PM   #4
mikeyg123
The Magister

thanks but who is rumphry is he the rat pie dude
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:56 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

No, that's Rethpian. Rumphy is the ghost you find in the extreme southeast corner of the top level of the Crypt. There's a long room with 2 switches. Flip the one furthest to the east, then go down the hallway opposite it, turning to the right. It'll lead you down a small flight of stairs and then into a 4-way intersection. That's where Rumphy is; in the middle of a circle of candles. He drops a Wand of Stars every time you kill him, too...worth about 625 GP; good for making money.

-Saz