Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 05:27 AM   #11
Epona
Zartan

I was searching for help on BGII when I found the Ironworks main website. I discovered the forum a little after that, and lurked for a couple of months before signing up - this was in the days of the old blueboard, so I am officially an IW oldie
Found it to be an incredibly friendly place, which is why I stayed. It was my first experience of internet fora, and a very positive one. I've made some good friends here, and... well... found a little more than friendship too Thank you Ironworks!

[ 04-17-2002, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 04-17-2002, 05:43 AM   #12
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

How did I find this place? I found it quite brown... maybe too brown. Brown, brown! Eeeek- more brown.

Yes, I found this place brown.

Keep saying the word "brown" a lot to yourself outloud. It'll drive you completely mad.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:16 AM   #13
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

My Freind, RedBlueFlare, showed it to me and told me to just come here.... before this place i went to a board dedicated to a single RPG, i had 3000 posts on it and was kind of connected, but then i realized that nobody on there really even gave a damn about anyone else but themselves so I left... + The mods wanted me dead and I still dont know why...
Old 04-17-2002, 06:27 AM   #14
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
How did I find this place? I found it quite brown... maybe too brown. Brown, brown! Eeeek- more brown.

Yes, I found this place brown.

Keep saying the word "brown" a lot to yourself outloud. It'll drive you completely mad.
LOL too true [img]smile.gif[/img] I haven't heard anyone else say this but yes...

However brown makes IW unique and outstanding, not flashy, it makes the forum feel safe, honest and down to EARTH which it is [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 08:42 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I joined the blue board at the start of November 2000, a month after BG2 came out, looking for some help. I was a quiet little newbie [img]graemlins/lurking.gif[/img] at first but I got talkative.pretty quickly.

[ 04-17-2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 04-17-2002, 09:21 AM   #16
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I had just started BGII and Anomen had started acting up, so I started looking for why. UHS was useless, as usual, and IW popped up on my AOL search. I couldn't find what I was looking for, saw there was a forum, so I went to the BGII forum and, sure enough, there was someone else having the same problem! So, after lurking a little while, Attalus saw a question that he wanted to respond to, I registered, and the rest is history.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-17-2002, 10:56 AM   #17
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Other - I found Ironworks thru the search browser looking for help with Wizards & Warriors program I got for myself for my birthday... and that was long time ago
Old 04-17-2002, 11:02 AM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

heh, i just found this by accident while finding bg2 help... (and bg1 also) [img]smile.gif[/img] . after such a long time... its still here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-17-2002, 12:37 PM   #19
Encard
Quintesson

I found it looking for another BG forum after BGDungeon and its forums closed ( )... *shrug* Lucky I found IW... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 12:42 PM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I was looking for something about BG2... I can't recall... I just ended up on the Big Blue and well, I wanted to post something.. and then peeps replied quickly.. including Mem and after that I kept coming back for more BG2 stuff.. then after a while, peeps seem to drift away from it... and then we would be spamming the whole place already (since most of everything we were talking about was not BG2)... that was the time I just couldn't leave the board... damn board [img]smile.gif[/img]