Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Topic. I'm playing a Sorcerer, and going through the whole game.

ADD] News and questions: First of all, I have finished rolling him. I wasn't as lucky as with my F/M/T, but oh well.
Stats: (Total of 100)
Str: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Int: 14
Wis: 18
Cha: 18

-The game is currently open on the rolling screen. Are these decent, or should I rearrange them in favor of Str/Int?

-To Xen: I am assuming you soloed your Sorcerer in this kind of game. If you had Imp. Illyich installed, how did you get past him?

[ 08-28-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]
Old 08-28-2003, 04:05 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

So you say. Solo Sorcerer. My favourite. [img]smile.gif[/img] (You already know that)

First thing`s first: Solo Sorcerer Spell List

Basic tactis...

Well belive me you will level up really fast. I suggest you do the easy quests first:
Trademeet
Circus Tent
Tanner

If you will do all the quests you will be able to cast Time Stop in Chapter 2. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Once you reach level 15 you can enter the Planar Sphere.(So they say)

Once you hit High Levels it`s all about PRATI tactic...

Also it would be wise to use the Endless Spell Strategie-cast PI(Project Image) burn out the spells,use any spell of that level(level 7 for that matter) and you will be fully recharged.

ADD] Solo Sorcerer VS II:
Iriganlly posted by andrewas
Quote:
II is either lots of fun or well nightmare-depending on your class and skill level. I took him with a Solo Sorceror on Insane. First fight was the hardest - no Stoneskins means you are likely to get backstabbed and get chunked. But once that was done and I got a level, it wasn`t incredibly tough.

The much hyped demon was a dissapointment though. Melf`s Minute Meteor took him down in two rounds. The golem was tougher. And Kamarazov or whatever she`s called was the worst - she just woudnt die. Stoneskins is a must! Also LOTS of Skull Traps.

That`s all I can remember right know.
[ 08-29-2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Xen, I have all of the necessary links

The cleric is the one I'm worried about. What does he/she summon again, a Planetar or a Deva? *shudder*
Old 08-28-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Deva.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:30 PM   #5
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Bah. Oh well. Off to play with them

Btw, Xen, can you give me the link to your solo Sorc thread, if there is one?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:32 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hmm...

There are couple of threads but not informative as you would(probably?) hope. It is just how i killed K.,Dragons,Jon Boy...

If you really want info PM me [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Good luck!

[ 08-28-2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 08-28-2003, 06:15 PM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Yeah, I know the overratedness of Improved I. One charm spell should do the trick, he himself will kill at least two of his party...
Old 08-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #8
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

I need to find the charm scroll first
Old 08-28-2003, 06:56 PM   #9
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Great. Slight problem: I rested near the library to have the max amount of spells for Illy, and the whole group decided to enter it. As soon as I open the door, I can cast 2 Skull Traps max, and Illy speaks to me. Then, the group attacks. I closed the door, but what can I do now? Zhivago is Near Death, and he summoned a Deva..grr.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:57 PM   #10
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

a fallen deva got summoned (however, can avoid facing her).

btw, IIRC, the tactics mod enable your PC to level up prior to any fight occur(just freeing Jaheira and Minsc will give you enough XP to level up; even you're soloing, you can free them and then get rid of them right?)