Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #1
Babyseal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all!

After completing my Fighter/ Thief solo project im looking for some nice and funny ideas for an unusual player created 3 member party.No power party, just pure fun.

Kind regards!
Babyseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Try three priests.

A priest of Talos, Helm, and Lathander. From a roleplaying perspective, that would be interesting indeed!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Andraste
Manshoon

If you're interested in a challenge, you could try the forlorn hope;

Jester
Beastmaster
Wizard-slayer->Thief

all with natural rolls.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I was thinking in an NPC party something like

Jan
Minsc
Either a Wild Mage or a Jester

A bunch of crazies. If you wanted, you could sub in CN Anomen or Edwin for Minsc. I find party games more fun, especially with the Banter Packs mod.

EDIT => And then I read the damn user created part. Silly me. How about

Beastmaster
Totemic Druid
Wild Mage

Defenders of the "wild" as it were.

[ 03-10-2006, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

you could try a paladin, cleric and monk party, as a sort of religious thing...

i agree though that npc parties are more fun
Old 03-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #6
wanderon
Dungeon Master

I played a custom evil party from BG1 into BG2 with 3 PCs and 3 NPCs that was fun.

PCs
Bard -> Blade
Fighter -> dual to Druid at level 9 in BG2
F/T

NPCs
Viconia
Edwin
Kaigain->Korgan

The PC group alone should be doable but challenging.

Details of this partys exploits can be found here:
Palins Plunderers

Heres another idea for a trio - how about a trio of warriors that decide they are tired of recruiting a thief a priest and a mage to join them and decide to fill those roles themselves.

Start with three warrior types and dual class each to cover the roles of mage, preist and thief as you wish.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:46 AM   #7
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Keep in mind one thing too, Babyseal - you can use Shadowkeeper (the save game editor,) to change the classes of the NPCs in the game. I do this when I try to construct powergaming parties, but I get bored without the banter. More often than not, Jaheira is a R/C, but edited properly, she's perfectly legitimate, and I get all her banters.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
Griefmaker
The Magister

I found 3 assassins were pretty awesome. Because of the thieving penalty, they had to specialize thief skills in the beginning (excluding hide in shadows and move silently, of course) but it was not much of a hassle. Towards the end of
Chapter 2 to end of Chapter 6 (that was as far as i went with this group), they slaughtered almost everything with 7x backstabs.

This was a wicked group and more fun than the standard thief--plus, i love to backstab!

[ 03-15-2006, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Griefmaker ]
Old 03-15-2006, 05:03 AM   #9
Babyseal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I havnt made up my mind so far. But reading all the nice suggestions i think a party with a few self created members and a few NPC will yield the most fun. I think about a Stalker(perhaps female for the Anomen romance) dual wielding daggers/ shortswords and using crossbows. Perhaps i will throw in an asassin(katanas, short bows) and a skald for some arcane magic.
Any suggestions for NPC who fit with my setup?

Kind regards
Babyseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
Andraste
Manshoon

If you want a trio that is fun, challenging and different, you could go for Jaheria, Imoen and a useless idiot for PC - use SK to nerf all his stats down into the 3 - 6 range. I have a memory of one player who used the 'nobleman' class, someone who could do nothing apart from give orders, but I don't know if a downloadable mod for this exists.

Imoen gives you the role playing, Jaheria is the sub-quest queen. Between them they cover fighter, mage, cleric and thief. Their challenge is to keep the PC char alive. It makes a change from powergaming.

[ 03-15-2006, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Andraste ]
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote