Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2001, 11:49 PM   #1
KG
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

Juz curious, what is the effect of the stat Presence? Does it affect the Merchant trait? (like a higher Presence means lower price for buying and a higher price for selling???)

Thanks!!!
KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 11:52 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I actually think it does affect negotiations, as two characters with different presences can buy and sell at different prices. The Merchant trait also helps.

However, the "Scroll of Misinformation" claims that Presence may affect you adversely in combat, as opponents are more likely to target characters with high presence rather than low. (If you're nondescript, you fade into the background). On Ninjas, Monks, and Zenmasters, however, the effect is opposite; the Presence score allegedly allows you more control over your appearance, and thus it's easier for you to stay hidden.

The last point may be true. However, I think the rest of it is a bunch of baloney. No matter what my characters' presence scores are, they are targeted more by their position in the party than by anything else. Spiders always seem to attack my priest (3rd position) and bats always attack my bard (2nd position). Maybe critters don't care about presence?

Oh well..

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote