Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 09:37 PM   #1
ezekill
Dungeon Master

I am doing the firkragg quest (windspear hills) and the girl you are saving says you do not have to fight firkragg, but i want to, should i, or can i?
Wea5el 5ide<br />Dont fly those stripes those stars and stripes for me, they stand for greed they stand for hate, but nothing I believe, dont fly those stars and stripes for me, the word America means freedom as in, Free to kill the Free. <br /> - Anti-Flag
ezekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 10:06 PM   #2
Sadius
Welcomed New User

Heck yea dude fight firkraag you will get the Holy Avenger (a.k.a. Carsomyr +5)the best 2 handed sword in the game. Its for Paladans only though. He is a red dragon so get fire resistance on and he shouldnt be too hard. just have atleast +1 armor and +2 weapons.
Sadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Er...

If you're a paladin, don't fight him just yet. That's a later quest in your stronghold.

Just return to Garren Windspear after freeing the girl, and you'll have a place waiting for you at the Order of the Radiant Heart.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:10 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ummm.....

I thought you had to kill Firkraag before the Paladin Stronghold quest was even offered to you. That's exactly how my Undead Hunter did it. I know for a fact that if you return to Athkatla before you've cleared your name & freed Garren's kid, you'll actually be attacked by Paladins.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:17 PM   #5
Seraph
Quintesson

Yes, but you do not need to kill Firkagg in order to clear your name.
SPOILER
All you have to do is talk to him, not try to kill him, go up stairs, talk to the mage, kill the mage, get the key and set the child free.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:19 PM   #6
Althalon the Traveler
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Acually, as long as you free the child, and go back to talk to the father, your honor will be restored, you dont have to fight him, therefore you can save him for your Paladin stronghold quest.
\"The Truth may set you free, but it\'s so much more fun to be trapped in a clever Lie.\"<br /><br />Check Out The Crypt<br />[url]\"http://www.geocities.com/darkest_crypt/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/darkest_crypt/</a>
Althalon the Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote