Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2004, 10:31 PM   #11
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Arn't they coming out with another new album in 05? 06? I can't remember. I listen to Metallica occasionally, my brother always has it playing in his truck, and I'm talking about the older stuff. I don't like some of the other new songs either.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-26-2004, 08:08 AM   #12
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oh. My. God!! I can't believe what I'm hearing. Every hater here is simply spewing back what they were told by the metal critics! Even the hair thing is practically verbatim of what they said! Well, everyone is bashing them for being "sell-outs" and sueing people. Well, music is their life, as it is with all artists. If people get their stuff for free, they dont get paid, meaning no more money, meaning no more music. Doh! Now, the hair-thing... They felt like cutting their hair!! goodness! They WANTED to do something different with black and the loads, not doing them to sell out. Look at the S&M production, their taste in music, (not only their own), varies widely. They try new things, but instead of people applauding as they used to, they are criticizing for all they can. Oh, and St. Anger is more of a jam session among friends, than anything else, so, if you dont like it, who cares?! James just got out of rehab, so the fact they even put out an album is a testament to his, and the band's greatness. So there! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(Rant, off)
Old 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Metallica are ponces!!!! I wish all them and their fans had their own planet so we didn't have to deal with them!!

ooops
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 03-26-2004, 09:09 AM   #14
Grojlach
Zartan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Metallica are ponces!!!! I wish all them and their fans had their own planet so we didn't have to deal with them!!
Yeah, Uranus or something.

*Glances at the coathooks in the corner*
Old 03-26-2004, 09:27 AM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

No, no I never bring a coat, this way I can't be told to get mine
Old 03-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #16
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

HEY! This thread is for metallica, not spamming! Head on over to LadyZ's thread for that!

Anyway, I'm with ya, Dron! Sure, St. Anger isn't Master of Puppets, but that would majorlly suck anyway...too many bands already put out the same D*** record three times in a row and expect people to buy it! Horaay for artists who have variance, regardless what the critcs tell them they are!

Anbody want to make fun of, say, Bob Dylan for inconsistency? No...of course not. He's an artist, who has repeatedly changed his style, not to please people, but instead to be an artist!

(rant off)

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #17
Thoran
Galvatron

I don't read music reviews so this is all purely my opinion...

I don't give a crap about the whole music pirating thing, I don't think a band wanting to be reimbursed for their work are "selling out". I respect bands that do it for the art but wtf... people gotta eat too (and make the payments on the benzies).

I think their recent efforts were not that great musically, their playing didn't have IT, the music itself didn't talk to me (you know, grab you by the jewels and not let go until the last beat was struck... basically what I loved about all their early stuff). St. Anger had a hint of their early power, hopefully they're SERIOUSLY trying to get that edge back. Since they lost it there has not been a band out there that has matched their tight playing, solid writing, and raw power... at least in the heavy/thrash arena.

JMO.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #18
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I wasn't "spewing back what I was told" in any way. I have my opinion, which is that after the black album, I didn't like their new direction. Do they have talent and musical ability? Yes. Otherwise I wouldn't have liked their original albums. I just don't happen to like their newer stuff. That's all there is to it.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:42 PM   #19
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Metallica pfft i'll stick to Opeth thanks [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But I hope you enjoyed the concert bro.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #20
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Opeth? What the $^&*% is that?? (Dang it, messed up again!) "Hail Mary...."