Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2001, 05:38 PM   #1
Raag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there (my first post on this board)

I have killed scabban and taken the mavin oath-- no problems there. I have 2 question, tho:
1. I just charged into the crypt without getting any guild quests-- is this going to stop me from gaining guild level?
2. is there any easy way out after taking the oath, or do I have to walk all the way out by the way I came.

In case you're interested, my party is:
F Human Fighter (Paladin,Valkyrie)
M Lizzord Fighter (barbarian, samurai)
M Elf Priest (???)
M Rat Thief (bard, ninja)
M Omphaz mage (warlock)
M Pixie mage (warlock)
Raag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 05:58 PM   #2
AliCat
Drow Warrior

1. Yes, you may not be able to do at least one of the quests. There are three quests directly regarding the crypt, and one indirectly. The warriors' guild will ask you to retrieve a sword, and the sword will not appear in the game until you get the quest. The priests' guild asks to to retrieve a ring, and the same applies. The wizards' guild asks you to find out about Scabban. Since you have now killed him and therefore will not encounter him again, you will most likely not receive that quest. Miss the quest, miss a level. You will still gain levels with subsequent quests, but each town's guilds give you at most (and sometimes not even) three quests -- there are no "makeup" quests. Finally, your indirect quest is given at town hall, which is the skull collection for cash type of quest -- and the crypt is the best place to find skulls.

2. You should be able to open the gates at the ends of the canals with levers, hthen find yourself outside Rethpian's room, and walk back to the stairs. Run up the stairs and jump over the hole -- and an easy out from there. Otherwise you have to ride up the elevator to the mummy's secret hangout and return through the passages to Kerah's statue, etcetera and so forth.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 06:14 AM   #3
the_young_one
Manshoon

BTW: all of the town guilds have three quests each provided you do them in a certain order. The ones you may be missing are kill Bloodbeard (Bushi dojo quest after the Darkened One), and Pawn Shop (retrieve Talons Fang, only accessible if one of your characters did not accept leprechaun quest)

If you are willing to go back to the crypt, you can still pick up the temple quest to retrieve the ring of saints, and the armory quest to retrieve the sword of mastus.

Raag: I notice that you plan to have two warlocks in the party.. I think it is adviseable that you don't change roles until your wizards get some of the level 7 stone spells. Only valkrie and zenmaster have acces to stone spells and these two roles are not available until the very end of the game. FYI: I think meteorstorm is the deadliest spell in the game.

spoiler warning:

Also, note that warlocks are the only class to be able to invoke the amulet of healing/silence/healing to increase the strength stat +1 so you can max out your warlocks strength to 24. I found out the hard way (ie many many hours of wandering around looking for scoundrels), that you don't have to look for all these amulets, you only need to get one, invoke the amulet, sell it to a shop, buy it back and you can reinvoke. To make it even quicker, you can also drop the amulet in the shop, and you will find that there are now two amulets, and if you drop again, four and again eight, so in next to no time, provided you have enough gold, you can buy lots of amulets

[This message has been edited by the_young_one (edited 09-27-2001).]
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 07:09 AM   #4
Odin von Kassel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My advice is to reset the game. This will bring you a lot of good things: you will remain with the experience gained AND you will be able to complete the quest from the wizard guild concerning Scabban.

------------------
Work is 4 the machines.
Odin von Kassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 08:13 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Raag!!!

You're early enough in the game at this point that you might want to consider resetting the adventure and playing from the start again. Because of the experience your characters have already gained (and will keep when you reset) the whole crypt scenario will be much faster and you'll gain even more strength and not miss out on any of the guild quests.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 04:54 PM   #6
Raag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tips everyone. I was leaning towards resetting anyway, so I guess I'll do that now.

@Wyv: I'll let you know how I go! I have actually played once before and had just bought the boat when I had a complete hard drive failure and lost my saves. So this time I'm trying a different party.
Raag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 07:47 PM   #7
swavek
The Magister

Hello!
I'm at the same point too, but i haven't killed scabban YET! *grin* in fact, i was going to ask a question about that no-good-nick. is there some particular info i need to squeeze out of him before i cut out his innards? *grin*

thank you...
swavek is offline   Reply With Quote