Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

Light Bulb

This is how it happened

5 presidents are on a plane

Five presidents are on a plane: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. George Washington says, "I will make someone happy!" and throws a dollar bill off the plane.
Then Abraham Lincoln says, "I will make five people happy!" and throws 5 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Thomas Jefferson says, "I will make 500 people happy!" and throws 500 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Bill Clinton says, "I will make the whole world happy!" and throws George Bush off the plane.

[ 10-22-2003, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 10-21-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
This is how it happened

5 presidents are on a plane

Five presidents are on a plane: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. George Washington says, "I will make someone happy!" and throws a dollar bill off the plane.
Then Abraham Lincoln says, "I will make five people happy!" and throws 5 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Thomas Jefferson says, "I will make 500 people happy!" and throws 500 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Bill Clinton says, "I will make the whole world happy!" and throws George Bush off the plane.
LOL! Never heard that one before. You make it up yourself, or you find it somewhere?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 10-21-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Groan - must be the oldest "joke" formula in the world - throw (insert current leader of country, party or trade union here) off theplane and make everyone happy". This one has been about since Methusalah was a wee nipper.

Despite the fact that I am not listed amongst GW's buggest fans, I don't think it was really tactful to throw up that sort of joke with that sort of headline on what is largely an American dominated board. I expect you to recieve some angst over it.

Davros walks away muttering "This will all end badly it will".
Old 10-21-2003, 06:10 PM   #4
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
This one has been about since Methusalah was a wee nipper.
Come now, Melusine isn't that old [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was going to say something similar, actually. I'm not trying to be anal, but I think the topic title can land you in shit. You might want to edit it, or just delete the joke, as Davros is right - it's older than... uh... well, older than the Archbabe of Fluffies, anyway!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Groan - must be the oldest "joke" formula in the world - throw (insert current leader of country, party or trade union here) off theplane and make everyone happy". This one has been about since Methusalah was a wee nipper.

Despite the fact that I am not listed amongst GW's buggest fans, I don't think it was really tactful to throw up that sort of joke with that sort of headline on what is largely an American dominated board. I expect you to recieve some angst over it.

Davros walks away muttering "This will all end badly it will".
I agree. I do think that it was funny, but I guess something like that might not have belonged on the boards. Hey, I was born in America and have lived in America all my life, and I am not 100% against everything that George Bush has done, but I just tried to look at it in a joking manner. It's not like it's going to happen actually...

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 10-21-2003, 06:18 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Arledrian - why are you trying to get me in trouble with the Archbabe Elflet [img]smile.gif[/img] - wasn't me Mel - it was all his doing .
Old 10-21-2003, 06:23 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

No worries Davros, even though it's spelled Methuselah I 'd believe you sooner than someone who doesn't even recognise the saying, or who does but feels the need to make lame jokes about my age anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh and Arledrian (to make it up) I agree with you about the topic title, was going to say the same thing. It gave *me* a start when I opened GenD.

Oh and I also agree the joke is old Definitely older than me.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:41 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Whew, thank goodness this is only a joke, the title had my stomach hurting from the thought of having President Cheney. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 06:44 PM   #9
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Eh it almost made me crack a smile. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 06:48 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Hey if they can make jokes about Jackson I think this one is okay. It is after all, just a joke [img]tongue.gif[/img] .