Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2003, 11:41 PM   #11
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If this character were perchance a halfling, I'd be more than happy to supply you with a name.

Quote:
he's 6', about 195
Like that wasn't obvious enough.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-21-2003, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 10-21-2003, 11:47 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
If this character were perchance a halfling, I'd be more than happy to supply you with a name.

quote:
he's 6', about 195
Like that wasn't obvious enough.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE](Bad hearing and bad eye sight, poor Nanobyte. But you never know, he could be a hobbit on stilts )
Old 10-21-2003, 11:51 PM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
Originally posted by cav_again:
Physicaly, he's 6', about 195, well built but not huge, tan, dark hair about shoulder length, well trained for combat, around age 20. As for history, I don't know alot about the history of the D&D world, so it'd be neat (but not neccesary) if he came from a noble lineage or whatever.

i'm going to be either a Paladin, one who has slain a dragon or two in his day, a man who longs to be great, to be known and recognized, to be a hero, that kinda thing. he can be born from a rich or poor familiy, doesn't matter, you can take liberties with that kinda thing.
I'm a bit of a writer myself and perhaps I can help out in this area, but correct me if I'm wrong but if he had slain a dragon, wouldn't that be enough for him to be renowned? [/QUOTE]Many good deeds go unknown. Hey, you never know...
Old 10-21-2003, 11:55 PM   #14
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

True enough SecretMaster, but if he'd slain a dragon and lived to tell about it, odds are he won't keep that knowledge to himself.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:39 AM   #15
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
WHere can I find some? I finaly found a small group to play with, and I'm working on desgining a character. I have decent artistic ability, and plan on drwing my own character, but I have trouble with poses and a few other various things, so I usually look at pictures to get and idea, then just elaborate. so, where can I find some Fantasy artwork and whatnot?

I just used Eldoth's picture from BG1 for my D&D character. It's only on my character sheet, his bio, and the LiveJournal group, I gave credit for the source, and nobody knows who he really is but me.

[EDIT: I REALLY don't copy the pictures. I will just use the same pose that the person in the pic is using, and stuff like that. I can't stress this enough.]

As long as you give the source, and as long as everyone gets credit, and as long as this is private use, things should be fine. Please don't tell me your roleplaying circle's gone commercial...

[EDIT: ALSO, JUST ADDED: are you a writer? or can you at least write a few interesting things based off a few facts for me? cause, you know, I need a biography too!]

So you want us to do everything for you? Aren't YOU roleplaying the character?

I know I'm coming off like a troll, but if you can't write your own biography for your character, are you sure you can do the rest? It doesn't have to be an all-professional, ready-for-publication thing--you're just writing a bit about your character's history.

I'd be happy to look over your biography and give suggestions as to improvement, but writing it? Nope--that's something for you to do. So get a drink, grab a snack, think back to all the CRPGs you've played, and try to invent a PC. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 03:26 AM   #16
cav_again
Manshoon

Originally posted by Pirengle:
As long as you give the source, and as long as everyone gets credit, and as long as this is private use, things should be fine. Please don't tell me your roleplaying circle's gone commercial...

yeah it's for private use. I always leave the origional artists name on there when I dork with a drawing.

[EDIT: I'll try to post the pic I'm dorking with now; He's based off of Hennet in the 3rd ed. players handbook, and you'll see that about all he shares is the pose.]

Also Originally posted by Pirengle:
I'd be happy to look over your biography and give suggestions as to improvement, but writing it? Nope--that's something for you to do. So get a drink, grab a snack, think back to all the CRPGs you've played, and try to invent a PC. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I was going to build off of, and/or add or take out certain parts of anything that was written for me, you know?

I have got a bit of a bio in the works; if SecretMaster writes anything for me, I'll probably end up melding the two into a single history.

thanks

[ 10-22-2003, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: cav_again ]
Old 10-22-2003, 11:02 AM   #17
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

When i play (half-orc bounty hunter level 11) i just use a sliver half-orc piece. My brother is my dm though and he usually dosent let me play when his football people are around he thinks he will look like a loser.
Opps sorry went off topic um just look in the monster or character books that could help.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:11 PM   #18
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Actually, I was going to build off of, and/or add or take out certain parts of anything that was written for me, you know?
Still having gut rumblies, but hey, 'tis your campaign...