Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 01:29 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...p/davis_recall

So I finally don't have to hear about this damn recall anymore. Arnie actually won it, who knew? Hey, I think he'll be good, people are sick of politicians.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:33 AM   #2
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

true maybe he will be good i am sick of politicans and this is a fresh start but it would help if he would now anything about politics right? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2003, 01:36 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

we shall see .. only his actions will tell his true intent

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-08-2003, 01:39 AM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Cristian, do you know for a fact that he doesn't know about politics, or is this another one of those "actors-know-nothing-about-the-real-world" prejudices? I'm sure he'll be fine, if he does know anything about politics. Then again alot of the problems with our government is the politics. Most politicians are more concerned with their power than with actually making things better. They do enough to keep the people happy with them. (note: I'm not talk about all politicians, just a lot of them.)

P.S. According to my sister (who's words I hold in abeyence for indeterminable periods of time.) claims A.S. is a jerk in person. How she came by this knowledge is beyond me.

[ 10-08-2003, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-08-2003, 01:51 AM   #5
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

well FireStormAlpha i havent heard anything about him reading about politics or whatever going to some school for it i think he mostly has done acting in his life..
Old 10-08-2003, 02:24 AM   #6
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Light Bulb

Well, if I recall correctly, before he got really in to acting he was a very scholarly person for several years, putting off his ambitions while he studied. It could be possible that Arnie actually DOES know something about governing. Although that waits to be seen...

Besides, was there REALLY any question of Arnie NOT becoming Governor, with all the publicity (and women) in his campaign added to his huge fame I don’t think the other candidates stood a chance.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:35 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Dagorion, you may want to delete one of those posts.

Let us hope Arnie really cuts through the BS as he says he will. As for political knowledge, check his campaign site. I linked it in the circular discussions Current Events forum under the Arnie thread. What HE knows is not so important so long as he has good advisors/planners (a lesson GWB knows well) -- and you'll see from his site he's taken a stance on several issues. Let's hope he follows through.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:19 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote from AOL News:
Quote:
Davis said he spoke to Schwarzenegger by phone and offered his support during the transition to a new administration.

''I am calling on everyone in this state to put the chaos and the division of the recall behind us and do what's right for this great state of California,'' he said.

As Davis spoke Schwarzenegger's name, people in the crowd said ''Recall! Recall!'' But Davis held up his hand and said ''No, no.''

Schwarzenegger declared victory during a celebration at the Century Plaza Hotel, where he was introduced by Jay Leno, host of ''The Tonight Show With Jay Leno,'' where he announced his candidacy just two months ago.

''I came here with absolutely nothing, and California has given me absolutely everything. And today, California has given me the greatest gift. You have given me your trust for voting for me,'' he said, surrounded by his wife, Maria Shriver, mother-in-law Eunice Shriver, and other Shriver and Kennedy relatives.

''I will do everything I can to live up to that trust. I will not fail you, I will not disappoint you, and I will not let you down.''

With 46 percent of precincts reporting, the recall was favored by 2,054,227 voters, or 54.3 percent, and opposed by 1,728,764, or 45.7 percent.
1. That's very professional and curteous of Davis. Shows good character.
2. That's very honest and admirable from Arnold. Shows good character.
Let's just hope CA can turn its economy around.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:27 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

He won? so I guess there won't be any Terminator 4 movie then?
Old 10-08-2003, 06:59 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Nope It's free fitness for everyone and a Mister Universe competition at least once a month