Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 06:46 PM   #1
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

Here is my little bedtime Nessie Story.....

Travelling through the shark infested sea caves, running (swimming) hard to avoid unnecessary fights, my party gurgles a triumphant sigh when behold Bayjin Shallows is before us!! My mage quickly notes on her X-ray sight, one red dot straight ahead. No problem, one creature my big bad Dracon fighter says as he hefts his sword and shield and begins to proceed. After a soft landing behind some rocks battle is suddenly engaged.

Peering out from behind the rocks, my monk suddenly proclaims that this is a very bad sign as six tons (my guess anyways) of sea lizard rears its ugly head at me!!!

A flash from old Nessie and an Earthquake shakes my Bishops faith in Phoonzang himself as she goes to pay him a spiritual visit leaving her earthly shell behind. The rest of the party launches a barrage of missiles at the beast. And praise be the gods!!! My Ninja gets a lucky throw and poor old Nessie is knocked unconscious having 817 out of 867 hit points remaining. We can taste triumph at hand proclaim the sharpshooting Mook ranger. [img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img]

Rushing up to pack us a fish stick dinner, the band of brave adventurer with only one heavy hearted loss, march up to Nessie's very maw and begin to happily hack away. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then suddenly Nessie's eyes blink not once but twice. Malice and hatred burns through my noble band shaking them to the core. [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

Standing ground choas ensued, the tiny Faerie mage meets and icy tomb as a blizzard spell ends her future air breathing days forever.

Panic ensues as holding on to watery ground soon escapes as a second earthquake spell sends the martial arts duo of monk and ninja, and not too far behind, the ranger, to the kelp bed. Defiantly the last to stand the mighty Dracon fighter looks down the rows of sharp teeth after a futile swing of the sword and dear old Nessie has her supper as she swallows whole a good size dracon kibble.

The mighty Grim Reasper makes a scheduled appearance and laughs to himself as he pats gently one of his finer creation on the snout, Nessie Queen of the Deep !!!
[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]

My 1st encounter with Nessie.......
Old 12-09-2001, 07:40 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

~~morgalas~~

great story!!

but i am sorry about losing your entire team. what is that old saying ::thinks real hard:: oh yeh! "blondes rush in where angels fear to tread!"

V***V
Old 12-09-2001, 10:19 PM   #3
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

I must say .... I LOVE THIS GAME !!!
This story is actually what happened to my party along with my comments that filled in the spaces. Like when combat intiated from behind the rocks and Nessie is there I panned all over try to find her before giving my orders. I actually said "Where the h$@l is she !!" a few times. And of course the "Holy S#@t !!" was uttered countless times. Even my eliation when I knocked her out momentarily. Woohoo !!! I cried.

What a great game, I hope publishers are kicking themselves over not financially backing this one.

~~ Vesselle ~~

Let me know how you fair with your first Nessie encounter. I would love to hear about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2001, 12:04 AM   #4
Moni

Excellent telling of a harrowing scene!
My first encounter with the beast was nowhere nearly as drastic as yours but I was caught off guard nonetheless...killed her without having to reload too LOL...I posted it in this thread...

SPOILER.....Nessie Screenshots

Thanks for sharing your encounter!
Old 12-10-2001, 01:22 AM   #5
Evotine
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great story =) Thanks for sharing. I have yet to experience my first Nessie encounter. But hearing a bit about it here and there, I am really looking foward to it.
Evotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:48 AM   #6
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

Like Moni mentioned in her Nessie screen shot post ..... the game rules!!!

Please feel free to add your own encounters as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]