Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 07:29 PM   #1
Crescent
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why can't I do the Ukabu boogaloo?

I force fed Mekdawa enough Toad Potion to water a small city. Mekdawa has proclaimed loudly and frequently to all of my characters that they are Ukabu, informed them all to talk to his homie Ekbu, yelled at them for not going to Toad Town, etc. but Ekbu keeps saying that my party are not Ukabu enough.

I didn't swim around any other huts first. I did get Ukabu with my first party, but had to start over due to getting a clue to making decent characters (i.e. cheat like crazy as the game expects it.)

I'm going to try Charming Ekbu, but what can I do if this doesn't work? I'd rather not do a slaughterfest through Toad Town. I don't want to restart the quests, either.

------------------
My realty check bounced - insufficient funds ...
Crescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 04:58 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

It is strange. I can figure out only one reason: you did not stop enough fast when Ekbu told you "halt" or you jumped down to the village before telling Ekbu "Ukabu" and Ekbu became hostile. Another, far less probable, reason can be your PRE score - it should control how friendly are NPCs to you. But a mandatory quest action should not depend on your PRE, at least, not so early in the game.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:26 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Are you selecting UKABU from the talkies menu, or typing it in?? There is very little that acceptes being typed in.

Cheers
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 12:56 PM   #4
Crescent
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Clicked and typed Ukabu. Neither worked. My party is feasting on frog's legs. Any one need a good recipe? I've got several ...

Thanks anyway.

------------------
My realty check bounced - insufficient funds ...
Crescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 04:29 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There seems to be a glitch in some games about restarting and it corrupting the "Ukabu" quest.

I've heard frog legs can be quite a delicacy.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 04:08 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Crescent!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 02:50 AM   #7
Barrel
Welcomed New User

I am not too sure, but I had the same problem once. A previous savegame fixed it. I _think_ that I could enter the toad village without fighting because I already encountered some toads before that. I think that the minute you fight toads, you are "in war" and will not be able to enter toad village....

Makes sence?
Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 09:19 AM   #8
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Barrel, you can fight any "toad savages" you like, as long as they run around in the wilderness, but you have to steer clear from the toad village until you get the Quest from Mekdawa. That means that you also must not swim near the huts and tunnels, else the toads will get hostile.

------------------
Mama, gimme my medicine, it makes me feel like a tall tree!
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote