Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 09:10 PM   #1
gutplumbr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finally made it through Dragonspire and climbed down the south wall to return to Ishad to upgrade, buy, sell, etc. On returning to the spire, I had great difficulty getting back to the ramp leading to the next segment of the game. I searched east & west but couldn't seem to find a trail forward. Ultimately, and with great difficulty, my Samauri was able to climb a tree & scale the south wall of the spire thus getting the group to the ramp.

There has to be a better way! Are you supposed to go through the spire each time you travel east and west? Am I missing something? I expect to return to Ishad from time to time if for no other reason than to access the assorted goodies I have in storage at the Inn.

As always, all help humbly accepted.
gutplumbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 10:19 PM   #2
Gaius Pecunia
Dungeon Master

Create a portal on the ramp.
Gaius Pecunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 10:23 PM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

What I did is create a portal just outside of Brimloch Roon. That way you can skip the ramp altogether and go straight to the town. Otherwise there is no way to get back except going through the mountain or climbing up something.

-Jafin

------------------

I may look like an old man now, but just you wait until I take off my fake beard and wig and show you Tiltowait!
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 02:05 PM   #4
gutplumbr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great idea - a portal is definitely on my list. The bad news is that none of my characters has this ability yet. Any other suggestions?
gutplumbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:38 PM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I heard of on person petrifying ratlings and then stacking them up to get up Dragonspire, but that might be more trouble than it's worth. I'd do whatever you find easier, climbing trees or going through the mountain.

The combination of the three teleportation spells (Create Portal, Teleport, and Call of Home) have probably been the biggest lifesavers to me of anything, except maybe lavawalk in a few areas . Those spells were the first things on my list to get after I got Moon spells. Big helps! Goodluck on getting back to Brimloch Roon!

Hey, look at that! I just made Elminster! Over 300 posts now! Gosh I love this place!

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 06-20-2001).]
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote