Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2001, 11:47 AM   #1
Lumin El
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My party is fractured in the transition between SoA and ToB. Half end up in the palace, and half end up in the grove--as a result, I can't do anything. I can import my last save from SoA, but I lose all the XP and cool Bhaal stuff I gain from opening the door. Any solutions?

Thanks
Lumin El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Its a very common bug, you'll have to do it again.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 02:57 PM   #3
Lumin El
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Velkyn_OHF:
Its a very common bug, you'll have to do it again.

I've done it several times and each time the same thing....

What do I lose by just importing an old save game file from SoA?
Lumin El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 06:45 PM   #4
Debaser

What you lose (the effects given by putting in the Tears of Bhaal) depends on what choices you made in the trials of Hell, because that's what determines the effect that putting each Tear in the gate will bestow.
The effect differs for the good and evil decisions in the trials....
Old 11-04-2001, 07:05 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Try this...

The same thing happened to me after installing ToB and the latest ToB patch.

You start out in the elf celebration area, then part of your party goes to the dark area with the faces carved of stone. Use one of those party members to click on a face and follow through the dialogue.

After this, the screen switches back to the elf celebartion room with the other half of your party. There you will encounter another child of Bhaal (walk around the room if it doesn't start automatically). Defeat her with whoever you have in her area, and it goes to a cut sceen.

Afterwards, your party is back together and ready to move on.

I found that by reloading my final save from SoA I could get different combinations of the party split. You want a split where your main character and some "heavy hitters" stay in the elf area.

Those that go to the stone face area really have nothing to worry about, but the other Child of Bhaal in the elf area is out to kill

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Old 11-04-2001, 11:08 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Now that's weird. I had no problems transitioning from SoA to ToB and my party was intact. But I did have the SoA and ToB patches installed.

If you feelup to it, I'd suggest uninstalling BG2 (make a backup copy of your saves first) then:

1. Reinstall SoA
2. Apply SoA patch
3. Reinstall ToB
4. Apply ToB patch.
5. Restart game.

OTOH, you may wish to visit Baldurdash and check and see whether they have a fix for this bug.