Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 03:53 PM   #11
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
Time for a "Back in my day story" by Uncle Hiram

I remember standing outside at 4:30 AM ready to do some calisthenics after joining the Army wishing I was still in school. Bah!! We ran up hill both ways, in the snow and we would share one pair of boots. We were happy when we got hit by a bus!! Bah!! We would jump back up again and say "Thank you, Bus. May I have another?"

Kids these days with their new fangled alarm clocks. Bah!! I was there when they invented morning. Oh Dark Thirty was what we called it. To sleep in until 5:30 AM would make us weep with joy!!

Edited due to glaring deficiencies in sentence structure and grammar.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

trust me, that's still the way it is in said Army
Old 01-14-2002, 04:05 PM   #12
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Man its four o'clock in the evening and i'm still tired, becuase I wasted so much energy trying to get up so early. *YAWN* Wow, Shane actually responded to one of my posts.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-14-2002, 05:11 PM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well, for our school district, middle school gets on the bus at 7:20, and high school gets on the bus at 6:40. I'm in the middle school right now, so i get some sleep, but really, school should start later, specially when teachers load you with homework, and your up to 1:00 AM and you get 5 hours of sleep. its rediculous.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #14
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

Yeah i hate it
Here is the "time of dark" hehe and you're so tired all the time. I mean waking up at 7, Jesus H Christ! I go to bed aprox 2 at night every day (OK this is bad but there is nothing i can do about it) so i rarely get good night sleep but even if I sleep 10 hours I still wake up in same mood and sore. Yes at winter its worst, you get that freezing in your bones of waking up that early. Especially in this.. icewind dale im in. I remember I couldnt almost eat breakfast once cos of the damn cold in the morning. It's like a big... puch up your ass. I know how you feel mate. I knew a lot of students that wake up late and run like hell to school without breakfast. It's f...ing... how to say, horrible?
Old 01-14-2002, 06:14 PM   #15
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well i got it easy haha!! 8:40 school starts 3:20 it finishes... im in yr. 10 now and last year the most I would have done would b 2 hours of homework when my 2 week late Indonesian Project was losing me 2 marks a day.... wats with u ppls.... especially u SecretMaster 1AM and ur in Middle School???? Do u do the teachers marking for them as well?????
Old 01-14-2002, 06:42 PM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

What are you all complaining about? Most of you live in places like Cuba and Greece!

Start complaining when you live in Holland or England, and have to get up while it's still pitch black outside, raining or snowing with temperatures as low as -5 celcius..... honestly, some of you don't know how lucky you are!

Old 01-14-2002, 07:00 PM   #17
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well i geuss ur right.... i dont think Mount Gambier has eva got 2 minus nethin.... and its neva dark in the mornings.... wat time does the sun come out in winter????