Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I get my money back?
Yes. 17 85.00%
No (legal affairs then, eh? [Razz] ) 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2003, 12:12 PM   #21
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Cloud, you should edit that message and make sure you actually read the post. He can't complete the mission because one of his objectives will not appear. Your post is a flat out flame. So please edit it or delete it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-20-2003, 03:18 PM   #22
quietman1920

When the subject is Video Game Rental, there is only one source to consult:

And it is, of course, The Acts of Gord, Book of Annoyances:

http://www.actsofgord.com/Annoy/
Old 10-20-2003, 03:24 PM   #23
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
dont expect a re fund just because you suck at a game.

Quit whining.
That was a good laugh, seriously [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
I'd love to, but my GPS doesn't know where vengeance is...
Vengeance is a little town north of the big city Retribution.

[ 10-20-2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 10-20-2003, 03:42 PM   #24
Rokenn
Galvatron

Nano, have you tried clearing the XBox cache and reloading the game? A litte known thing about the Xbox is that is loads certain parts of the game to the hard drive for faster loading. It keeps copies of these files for the last three games played. If you are haivng bug problems with an Xbox game do the following. Get three other XBox game discs and 'play' each of them a little (just loading up a saved game will do). Then put the problem game back in and give it another try.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:23 PM   #25
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Hi Nanobyte. I haven't been around the General conversation forum lately I've been spending all my time on "Zirocs" Escape from Undermountain Forum but I saw your post and thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

I buy alot of X-Box games or should I say my son does and we rent alot of them too. We had trouble with a couple rentals this summer, Soul Calibur & Halo and both times we took the game disks back and told the salesperson the problem that we were having, in detail, and even though we had the games for 6 days they gave us a replacement game for Halo and a credit for soul Calibur because they didn't have a second copy of soul Calibur on hand. The guy that works there said that the X-Box and playstation II games get rented so often and over heated and abused that they replace them when they know about any problem. The biggest problem they have is people don't tell them there is a problem most of the time because they never get far enough into the game to find them and then when they do they are afraid they will be blamed for the problem.
Just take the game back and see if they don't give you a credit or a replacement for another week.

GOOD LUCK
Old 10-21-2003, 04:09 AM   #26
cav_again
Manshoon

I've rented Madden NFL 2004 a few times from the local video store (quite a few times actually, it would have been cheaper now to have bought it), and it was a great game, but this last time I rented it (just returned it yesterday), there was something really wrong with the game. There were all kinds of bugs and glitches; I even have a list of things that were messed up, and a few replays saved that showed some messed up stuff. I really thought this game had it out for me, so I don't doubt that that tank or whatever isn't showing up in your game, Nano.