Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 02:38 PM   #1
zakharak
The Magister

I was really getting frustrated when this happened:

My Ranger all of a sudden started attacking my Fighter. It started happening after my Fighter was Charmed, so maybe he accidentally attacked one to many times after the spell was disspelled. All i know is that i could not stand still with that going on (i had to keep moving and giving commands to the Ranger). I put an end to the Ranger by having all my chars gang up on him, just to show him, once and for all! Then when i reloaded everything was fine. I.E. there was no more heat.

Lata skata
Old 10-02-2002, 03:40 PM   #2
Case00
Manshoon

As soon as a member is charmed or turned, he/she is considered an enemy by the rest of your group. Then when the AI moves your guys from one enemy to another (after you drop a baddie), they target their old friend (maybe they are feeling angry about the betrayel.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

All you need to do is move your members instead of targeting enemies (in other words, just have your guys stand around). This breaks the "move to next target: scripts.

It does kinda suck that you can't make that a standard option though.

ps. you can always charm him back..

[ 10-02-2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Case00 ]
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:10 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

If it happens again that one of your team is charmed or dominated, try Dispel Magic. It's usually faster than waiting for the spell to wear off

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 06:27 PM   #4
zakharak
The Magister

the thing is that the spell "Charm" had worn off of any and all of my chars, but still they continued to fight. I was afraid that there may have been a bug or something. Lata

Old 10-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #5
tabbikaat
Dungeon Master

I had this happen to my party where my cleric would NOT stop pounding on my rogue! It was annoying, to say the least. I didn't recall the thief being charmed during a battle or anything....we were under the Goblin Fortress. I finally had to load a game slot before entering the Fortress.

However, I saw this same problem on the "official" IWD 2 boards and one of the developers said to click on the stop fighting icon (looks like crossed swords). He said this fix it....if not, he wanted to know.
tabbikaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:54 AM   #6
Ilmater
Welcomed New User

Might be alignment clash, ie cleric good and the rogue is evil.

happens in BG1 when Minsc would attack my wizard coz she was evil
Ilmater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:13 AM   #7
tabbikaat
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilmater:
Might be alignment clash, ie cleric good and the rogue is evil.

happens in BG1 when Minsc would attack my wizard coz she was evil
Nah......I always travel with a lawful good/neutral party.......if you mix up the alignments too drastically, they WILL fight with each other

I mean if you were a slinking, shadowed, evil assassin thief, how would YOU like traveling with a reward-refusing, holier-than-thou, paladin/cleric??! *exactly*
tabbikaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:14 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Oddly enough (very oddly), I just had something similar happen with my party after the airship crash. My Drow fighter was the first to wake up. So I had her quickly wake up Oswald, then stand guard against the beetles.

She killed them all, no problem. However, as each of the other party members woke up, they started attacking someone else. Bizarre!

However, clicking on the "stop fighting, stupid" icon did, indeed, abort the attacks, and everything was fine afterwards.

Don't know why this happened. Never happened before. Maybe the game wasn't aware the beetles were gone and mistook the characters for enemies?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:31 AM   #9
Lord Draco
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a the same problem with my fighter (dwarf good) and my other fighter (human Good). But could not get around it tried all the tricks above nothing. I ended up creating a new fighter never happend again. My prob. was also at the goblin fortress.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:34 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

There is no party interaction in this game, so even if you have a Lawfull Good aasimar paladin and a chaotic evil thiefling priest of talos, they won't fight, save for the few script bug that have been mentioned in this thread.