Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 04:55 PM   #11
Aurum
Manshoon

Missile magic. You gain time for other spells.
Old 01-28-2002, 05:32 PM   #12
Helspanth
Quintesson

All spells are good.I found that the potential life savers are Breach and Khelben's warding whip.There is nothing worse than an enemy mage or lich stoneskined or protected by magical weapons blasting you with symbols abidalzims ect
Old 01-28-2002, 05:59 PM   #13
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

The other nice thing about chaos i forgot to mention, is that its one of those few area affect spells that you can launch with impunity, as it only affects your enemies.

As far as the mage thing, I for one loath getting into those time consuming spell/counterspell matches, so as soon as I see an enemy mage...and I mean as soon as you see him...I toss a powerword:silence at him...one of those nifty no saving throw spell. You really have to be fast with it though, as the first thing any mage will do who is capable of it, is cast something that will turn this spell. If youre quick enough on the draw, you can laugh at him as he then runs forward to try and hit your tanks thru their negative armour class with that wussy little quarterstaff of his. Let him have some fun for a while before you chop him to peices.

Only really works against staight mages, or creatures casting spells...not spell-like abilities, so dragons are out...but youd still be suprised how many beings this thing does work against if your fast enough to hit them with it.
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:11 PM   #14
Sorcerer Alex

Breach, stoneskin, agannazar's scorcher, invisibility, horror, magic missle, cone of cold, melf's minute meteors, summon earth/air/fire elemental, monster summoning I, II and III etc. - these are all pretty crucial in the game.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:02 PM   #15
Babangida
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Stone skin
Cloud Kill
Summon Fire Elemental
Summon Wyrm
Breach
Babangida is offline   Reply With Quote