Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2001, 08:06 AM   #31
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Too true Rikard. Too true.
Old 01-15-2001, 08:57 AM   #32
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Exactly! When the guy in the robe or the guy in armor starts pointing at the sky and babbling "Vita, mortis, cardio" or somesuch, that's when you go oh shit! better take him out of the fight quickly or disrupt whatever the hell he's saying.

Unless you're playing BG1 and they're only level 2 in which case you don't give a shit!
Old 01-15-2001, 09:08 AM   #33
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I usually like to target whoever has all those cool glowing boxes or cylinders around them too. Cause I know they already have some kinda protection on them already.
Old 01-15-2001, 03:08 PM   #34
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

you do have to wacth one magic missle can hurt when you are level 2 as well
Old 01-16-2001, 02:36 AM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Rikard, not sure if u know but there's a big red x on your sig.
Old 01-16-2001, 06:45 AM   #36
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ah, another pointless argue if you ask me..

If you want to play it like that I can give some more devastating ideas to handle..

How about 6 Thieves against 6 Druids?
Or why not 6 Bards against 6 Beserkers?

But the best there is...

Play six of any one class and meet a party of 6 different characters.. Cooperation teams will win...
So well don´t argue, a dude before said something important though, depends alot on the players and the DM...
Old 01-16-2001, 03:52 PM   #37
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

nice huh

i just think its cool
Old 01-16-2001, 05:04 PM   #38
G.W.

Remember it's 3 on 3 not six on six (multiplayer only allows 6 total). Three wizardslayers would beat three mages though. They just have to hit the mage to cause 10% spell failure. They don't have to actually do damage, get past mislead, stoneskin or what-not. One with the Thurdigan bow will do 40% spellcasting failure in one round.

Old 01-16-2001, 07:43 PM   #39
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Since you are restricting it to CRPG and you are restricting it to multi-player mode with only 6 total contestants, are you saying the three mages are to be controlled by any specific individual, or is this a team effort. Also, the same question with the fighters (wizard-slayers, or whatever?). Now, since we have that much of the scenario, do we just start hacking and slashing? Or do we allow the party time to get some protection stuff up or to equip items or weapons?

I say if there is no warning beforehand, the fighters win.

If you are allowing the mages time to prepare themselves, it depends on their level. The higher a level the mages, the better their chance for survival. Otherwise, it's still gonna be on the fighters to win.
Old 01-16-2001, 08:04 PM   #40
G.W.

Multiplayer lets you assign characters to the different players. In this case 3 mages to one and three fighters to the other. I would think fighters could choose from any kit including paladin and ranger kits. I am also assuming that these would be characters who are maxed out on exp and can use any item in the game but just not multiple of the same item (with the exception of boots of speed because there are two in the game). Fighters would not have access to items that would normally go to mages in a party. I would give the mages a chance to use contingency beforehand (but no other spells) then set the two parties within visual range of each other and pause. This simulates an NPC encounter with mages. It also gives every player a chance to target the others with their spells/weapons, or use an item. I say under these rules the fighter (as long as there is one with Thuridgan's bow and arrows of dispelling) will win. A smart mage will have the equipment that gives them a good chance of winning. A dumb mage will lose.