Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2003, 11:46 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
So you do disconnect you server during thunderstorms? I always thought you left it running since it seems to be up all the time. [img]smile.gif[/img] If you are worried about the fan and the temperature in your computer, download a little program called 'Speed fan' that monitors the computer's temperature. [img]smile.gif[/img] I used it to figure out why one of my old hard drives broke down. The temperature at the hdd was 76 degrees Celsius. Is your TV totally busted?
Well, for the Ironworks Server, I have some good protection/surge protectors for it, but yeah, then the storms are bad, I will power down everything. This hit without warning..

Did you know that lightning can strike 10 miles away? it could be SUNNY where you are, and get hit by lightning from a storm 10 miles away. pretty scary, eh?

The TV was fine!! Whew! But the fan in my PC is one of 7, so I have backups, but I'll replace it today, I have 2 new fans in a package JUST for this occasion. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope nothing FURTHER decides to die.. ugh.

[ 08-22-2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
So are there a lot of lightning storms in Florida ? I thought you guys had sunny weather all year ? There are exceptions of course, but the weather has to be the least of your concerns in Florida. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:07 PM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
So are there a lot of lightning storms in Florida ? I thought you guys had sunny weather all year ? There are exceptions of course, but the weather has to be the least of your concerns in Florida. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

HELL NO! If f'ing rains EVERY DAY here. I am very serious. The sunshine state my ass. See, it's like 90F each day, then the winds off the coast blow in, create moisture, and cause storms.. it's REAL fun when the wind blows from BOTH sides of the peninsula, because then, where both breezes hit in the center of Florida (where we happen to freaking live) we get REALLY bad storms, big hail, water spouts, and the rare Tornado. yey. fun.

I am from the north, and it never rained like this in Kentucky... ugh. help! I want to move to new England. (Maine maybe).

And when it rains, it mixes with the heat, to make it feel like a sauna. It's fun to hang at the beach sometimes, and surf, but like clockwork, by 4PM the winds make enough moisture, and we have rains.

Let me just say this: Since MARCH, we have had wet soaked grass. Can't even MOW it for the past week.

Please make donations to get us the hell out of here. $90,000 should do to start. LOL!! Naa..

I DO want to move us to Louisville, KY, where I lived. Cooler. Snow, and my favorite season, FALL! If Microsoft came through, I was seriously thinking of moving us back home.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ 08-22-2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 08-22-2003, 12:56 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Wow... how wrong can a person be ? Well Z, i hope you can make that dream come true, but for now, i can't help you with those 90 grand. Maybe after the next bankjob, i'll do my best. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 01:54 PM   #15
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
*snip* Did you know that lightning can strike 10 miles away? it could be SUNNY where you are, and get hit by lightning from a storm 10 miles away. pretty scary, eh?

The TV was fine!! Whew! But the fan in my PC is one of 7, so I have backups, but I'll replace it today, I have 2 new fans in a package JUST for this occasion. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope nothing FURTHER decides to die.. ugh.
Yeah I saw a cool documentary on Discovery about lightning. Totally awesome. At least if you don't experience it.

I'm glad your TV is fine. You wouldn't have recieved anything from your insurance right? Don't you have that special insurance against lightning strikes in the US? Or am I confusing US with another country...
Old 08-22-2003, 02:00 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Whole-house surge surpressor, Z. Guaranteed up to 20,000 volts (far more than your garden-variety surge surpressor), and protects everything, including the fridge, TV, A/C... the list goes on.

Cost me about $100 to get, and about $60 to get installed by an electrician. Compare that to your homeowners' deductible, and you come out ahead.

PM me if you've got questions. And no, I don't work for any company that gets anything from 'em. I just don't like rebuilding and rebuying things...

Will sneak in to listen to the tunes. It's getting quiet down here in the bat cave...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:56 PM   #17
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Wow! It's been a long time since I was able to listen to the IW radio. I'm off to download Winamp. Then I'll turn these crappy speakers to max volume and open my office door. *giggles* OK I may have to keep the volume low.
Is winamp the programme i need to be able to listen? I downloaded realplayer last month for two days and got sick of all the ads. At the moment when i click on to IW radio all i get is "unable to support this media"

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 08-22-2003, 06:14 PM   #18
wellard
Dracolisk

OK I got winamp and i am now tuned in [img]smile.gif[/img]

But how do I increase the buffer? every 20 secs it fades out for 3 secs?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:58 AM   #19
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

We be 'yup' yo!

Old 08-25-2003, 03:44 PM   #20
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
We be 'yup' yo!
We be what now?

Anyway, what in dang made you decide to play Big Brother? I had 4 peoples thinking I had a meeting in my office today.