Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2003, 04:11 PM   #41
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Speaking of double standards...I have always wonder why liberals are always being degraded for being "bleeding hearts" by conservatives, but it is ok to be a "compassionate conservative".

It's a matter of degree Chewie.

As an Example: One man happens upon a begger sitting in the snow freezing, so he builds the man a fire. Another man happens accross another man sitting in the snow and so sets him on fire. The first being a compassionate conservative the second being a radical leftist liberal. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know most people won't see any humor there...but it was a joke.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #42
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Speaking of double standards...I have always wonder why liberals are always being degraded for being "bleeding hearts" by conservatives, but it is ok to be a "compassionate conservative".

As an Example: One man happens upon a begger sitting in the snow freezing, so he builds the man a fire. Another man happens accross another man sitting in the snow and so sets him on fire. The first being a compassionate conservative the second being a radical leftist liberal. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]Looks more like flame-baiting then a joke (no pun intended).
Old 07-14-2003, 04:21 PM   #43
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Since Iraq is the nation in question, I think it is your comments here that are irrelevant and off topic. But that is just my opinion.
[/qb]
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Just to refresh your memory here is the topic of this thread:
Quote:
It seems to me that with the mounting evidence that the Administration embellished, or may have even out-right lied, about the reasons for war in Iraq. This coupled with the deep ties to Enron, makes me wonder if the republicans are showing a bit of a double standard toward presidential conduct. If there was a dem in the office with all the mounting evidence they would be drafting an army of special prosecutors to tear em down.

Here is some of the latest info to come to light:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/06/opinion/06WILS.html
The topic of this thread is that if it had been a Democratic president that told these embleshments we would be hip deep in special prosecutors. Instead the spineless Dems in the Congrss/Senate are being, well spineless Democrats. When the Great Clinton Witchhunt began the evidence was much flimsier then this.

Also can you truthfully tell me that if Clinton had gone after Saddam he would not have been smacked with 'Wag the Dog' spin?
Old 07-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #44
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]I think it is the difference between talking the talk and walking the walk. Being compassionate when it is convient (election time, during a push for war) isn't real compassion at all. I would teach the guy to how make to make a fire if he were able and buy him a hotel room if he were unable but I was.

Totally off-topic:
Reminds me of a scene I witnessed in the finacial district in Boston. There is a crippled alcoholic, he has a bum leg, who always sits on this one corner panhandling. I saw a man in a business suit sporting a rolex walk up to him and ask him "Would you like a hot meal, a shower, and a bed to sleep in tonight?"

As the guy walked away with the "bum", I asked him what his motive was. I was doing some "social work" at the time, finding out the history of the homeless who squatted on the area, and I was concerned that this maybe an attempt to exploit the guy.

The business man replied he has seen this guy, like I had, on this corner for weeks, wallowing away on booze and barely able to walk on his second hand, broken crutch. He said that since he had the means, he was going to give the guy a room for the night and pay for a medical check up.

The next day the bum was back on the corner, showered, shaved, in new cloths and with a new crutch. That's true compassion in my opinion, It has nothing to do with politics, but exercising what is best about the human spirit.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:56 PM   #45
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

MagiK:

Some picky and [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] points for you.

1. The USA did not stop at the Iraqi border. We had gone far into southern Iraq before Franks set down to negotiate peace. In point of fact, as soon as the Iraqis learned they could move freely in the country to quell rebellions in the north and south, they flew OVER general Franks on their way to quell southern rebellions.

2. The USA not authorized to interfere with Iraq's sovereignty. If you check the resolutions however, the USA was authorized to oust the occupying army AND cripple it so it could not threaten its neighbors again. Remeber, and that point in time Saddam's was the 6th largest standing army in the world. So, it wasn't stopped right at the border.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:02 PM   #46
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I think you mean Swarczhkoff (sp?) and not Franks TL.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:32 PM   #47
skywalker
Banned User

If only Clinton had thought to say, "The subject is closed!" concerning the Lewinski affair.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:34 PM   #48
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Whooopsie. Yep. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:39 PM   #49
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Well, Franks was there too, as First Cavalry assistant division commander.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:05 PM   #50
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Looks more like flame-baiting then a joke (no pun intended).

If you really thought so, then it is your duty to report the post (see the little icon?) and not bait me in return with this kind of post. Thank you.